National Australia Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

National Australia Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at National Australia Bank

Inbound Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Australia Bank in March 2015.

Interview

Easy process, first i applied online, the recruitment consultant contacted me asking few questions regarding my previous role why i want the job etc. Following this you are invited to the assessment centre, where you introduce yourselves in a group setting to other candidates and three team leaders. Following this you are interviewed one by one, and also a role play sales call.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you convinced a hesitant customer to buy something using the STAR method   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne) in June 2014.

Interview

Group Interview that went for approximately 3 hours with about 25 people. Interview was structured and easy going. 2 Recruiters from NAB were present at the interview.
    You were put into groups of 3-4 people and asked to talk about a charity that you feel strongly about which was decided upon amongst the group and then share this with the rest of the group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about NAB.
      Tell me about a time when there was conflict between you and another staff member and what did you do about it.
      Why do you want to work for NAB.   Answer Question

Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Sydney) in August 2015.

Interview

Had to apply online, submit resume and CV and fill in their questionaire. Had the phone interview and the HR person did not seem happy when I asked what is the phone call was for. I just woke up since I worked 12hr shift yesterday so cut me some slack.

Interview Questions

• What is Sales/KPI for you, Why did you leave your previous job, Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply online
    Online test
    Video interview
    Group assessment
    The whole process is well organised and I think nab is the only one in big banks has the standard process for all these positions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Sydney) in January 2019.

Interview

It just like everyone has been saying. Applied online, was invited for a behavioral test and then video interview.

Still waiting for them to get back to me after the video interview.
    Hope they do.

Graduate Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

Online application, assessment questions, Video interview, then AC. The AC included a group activity and then two separate interviews. They ask around 4 questions in each interview and the two interviews are conducted by people working in different areas.

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne) in December 2011.

Interview

All Face to Face. There was lots of role play and buzz words used. I found it quite odd. There was more casual chat than i expected and it wasn't as much about an interview as it was about what scores you got.

Interview Questions

• How many pancakes do you need to feed a school camp?   1 Answer

Capability Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a number of people, mostly from HR, one person from 'the business'. Focus of questions similar, got more detailed as got further through the process. I completed personality and IQ tests and then was asked to present a project to an interview panel. There were some banking related questions that I found a bit tricky. In hindsight, should have examined the company and its place in Australian baking and finance.

Interview Questions

• What sort of decisions do i find difficult to make. Give an example of motivating a team. What do people most often criticize me for. How would closest friends describe me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

In retrospect I wish I had asked about inclusion of shares as part of package.

Technology Graduate - Digital Online Channel Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne) in June 2015.

Interview

Application
    Online test
    Assessment Centre - Half day event, Group activity and 2 interviews.

My first ever graduate assessment centre, it was a fun half day experience.
    I performed well however very few spots available so i was unlucky. Group activity was a fun case study relating to the company and really challenges you to discuss and come up with ideas as a group. There were 6 other high calibre graduates in the room competing for the job however everyone just got along well like friends would in a class room.
    After the group activity it was time to have couple of interviews, the nerves showed in first interview and this is where I stumbled and the second interview I regathered but it was too little too late.

The whole process was very professional. People were very friendly, from the interviewers to the person guiding you to interview rooms, I felt very at home in the building.

After a few days of anxious waiting I received a phone call with the unfortunate news and full feedback of my performance.

I encourage all graduates to apply as I got through to the final stage with a low GPA.
    Research the company and it initiatives and come fully prepared.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to bad feedback? Provide us with a specific example.   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne) in August 2012.

Interview

Three interviews (one with recruiter, two with employer) and were typical of the interviews that many recruiters use. The process was methodical and consistent with others I had gone for. Very friendly approach too.

Interview Questions

• Q. What was your experience?
      Q. How would you deal with X and Y?
      All behavioural event interviewing technique   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.