Nestlé Purina U.S. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Nestlé Purina U.S. Interview Questions

Interviews at Nestlé Purina U.S.

3.1

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S..

Interview

Spoke with HR person in St Louis and then interviewed with two people at the Hartwell GA. site. Everyone that I spoke with was very helpful and easy to talk too about the interview process

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

14 Sep 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your recent interview, and congratulations on your accepted offer with our Hartwell factory. We’re pleased to hear you had a positive experience while interviewing and felt well-prepared throughout the interview, as this is always our goal. Again, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the team!

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S..

Interview

The interview process is the STAR process. They ask you 12 behavioral questions. It takes a long time to prepare for this type of interview. A panel asks you different situational questions and you use your past work experience to explain how you handled/reacted/behaved in that situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had an insight that impacted your company.   Answer Question

17 Sep 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview experience. We do our best to provide resources to help candidates prepare for their behavior based interview we want you to be successful, and we know It takes a great deal of effort to prepare. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

Had 2 video interviews and it was very laid back. Was more about getting to know you as an individual as opposed to drilling you will technical questions.
    After the 2 interviews I got a call back letting me know that they wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your spare time?   1 Answer

21 Aug 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on your new position – we’re happy to have you as part of the team! We do our best to respect our candidates time and were happy to hear you felt comfortable and had a positive experience during your virtual interviews. Again, thank you and we look forward to working with you soon!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I thought Nestle Purina's interview process was very well planned. The recruiter who who was with me from day one to sending me a "thanks but no thanks" was actually phenomenal. They are very detailed in their instructions on what you should do and read up on to prepare for your interview (so pay attention to all that). Overall, I do believe that they genuinely care about the people they interview and want to take the time to get to know them.

Step 1: Phone interview: resume review and 2 STAR questions (very straightforward)

Step 2: If you move on to the next step, an in- person / Virtual 3 hour interview will be scheduled.

It was 3 different people who interviewed me; Brief Resume review and 4 STAR type questions per person. 12 scenarios minimum should be planned for this interview. I had about 15 and it worked really well.

The only issue I struggled with is, I felt like some of the questions were a bit too close to each other. So the scenarios I had to use were similar in some cases. If I could have had selected a few different scenarios to speak about, maybe things would have turned out differently! But all in all, I was told I did a good interview but they decided to go with someone else. That's Life! Also, I wish I would have spoken more about my passion for the role and about why I want to be there... felt like that would have explained to the interviewers a bit more about why I am a good fit.

But I can definitely say, I had a truly great experience with all the interviewers and recruiters I was in touch with from day one. The people there seem very genuine and are passionate about what they do. Which is why I want to work there in the first place.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone of something
      2. Tell me about a time when you changed your technique to influence someone or something.
      3. Tell me about a time when you demonstrated collaboration within a team
      4.Tell me about the last time when you offered an idea and it was met with resistance.
      5. Tell me about a time when a colleagues idea didn't make sense

And more like these few above! Good Luck   1 Answer

17 Aug 2020 – Human Resources

Wow, thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your interview experience. We know searching for a new career requires time and preparation so a well-thought out interview experience is top priority for us when scheduling time with candidates. We want you to be successful! At times, the Behavior-based interview questions will sound similar, which is why we do encourage our candidates to bring their best scenarios and/or notes to reference through-out the interview. We wish you the best on your career path and hope that you will stay in touch and consider us again on your future career search https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch.

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Phone screen, behavioral-based, informative. Talked with an internal recruiter who had been there a couple of years. Nothing too difficult. Prepare for your behavioral questions and jot down notes before you start.

14 Aug 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview experience. We do our best to prepare candidates to be successful, and comfortable, during a behavior based interview. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider us again in your future, https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

It was an behavioral interview and the company made sure i was prepared by providing documentation outlining the scope and requirements of the position . I think the recruiter was very organized with the information provided as well as with providing information regarding my questions

27 Aug 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We know your time is valuable, so we do our best to help you prepare and be successful in your face to face interview with our hiring teams. We wish you success in your career search, and we hope that you will consider us again in your future; https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch.

Recruiter (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I originally had a phone screen in March 2020 for a contingent recruiter position. Since that was at the time of COVID the position was delayed until August. I cannot brag enough about Katie Coyle and the candidate experience she provided! She updated me almost weekly to let me know the progress of the position, even if there was no news to give. It gave me a great impression of the company before I even started. Thanks Katie!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you needed to get buy in to get a project done   Answer Question

IT Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Rushed, short and cutting me off when trying to answer the recruiters questions. I was contacted by the recruiter fo talk about the position so I scheduled time, but was not even given the full amount of time to give my overview of my relevant experience. The recruiter topped me and said just the last five years would be good, but the position looks for at least seven.
    Next steps by whom and by when were left very unclear and when I asked for clarification I was not provided any additional information, the recruiter just repeated what they'd just said.
    The recruiter closed by asking for me to send my resume, telling me they didn't have it, so when I looked, I had in fact sent it to the recruiter the same day they solicited me for an interview.
    Overall my impression was that this recruiter was not paying attention to both detail, my answers, and seemed very overloaded.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

16 Jul 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and interest in learning more about our IT Sr. Business Analyst opening. I’m sorry your conversation seemed rushed – while we do our best to make sure we capture your career background and behaviors during phone screens, we always want to be respectful of the time you’ve set aside to share, this includes being prepared for the conversation. I appreciate your feedback – know it’s used to coach and develop our team to provide the best recruitment experience possible. I went back several months and couldn’t find an IT Sr Business Analyst posting that required the 7 years’ experience you mentioned. I’d love the opportunity to clarify any confusion and give you more time to tell us about yourself. Please feel free to email us at careers@purina.nestle.com to set up a call. Thank you! David, Corporate Recruiting Manager

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied through the company website and they called me for a phone interview. It was a 30 minutes call. The interviewer was friendly. The process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

27 Aug 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for your interest in our Internship. We’re pleased to hear you had a positive experience with one of our Talent Sourcing team members. We know your time is valuable, so we do our best to make the interview process as efficient as possible. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will consider us again in your future: https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch.

ORM Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S..

Interview

30 minute interview with Behavioral questions. It was a very friendly environment. I don’t think it was that bad, but it was very competitive. I was one of many and experience was very important.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

14 Jul 2020 – Human Resources

We’re happy to hear the experience was important to you. We know your time is valuable, and we try our best to provide an upfront interview process and we’re happy to hear you have experienced just that. We hope that you will consider us in the future https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch. Thanks again for your feedback!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.