NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 10 Aug 2018

2.7

Patient Access Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I originally went through an agency, and they sent me for an interview, which was brief and concise. With hospitals, its extremely difficult to get your foot in the door so agencies are definitely helpful in that. During the interview, I was asked standard questions that tested my ability to meet challenges and exceed standards.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work in the healthcare field?   Answer Question
    • What language skills do you have?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in a fast-paced environment? If so, how did you handle a lot of demands at once?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied thru website and received an email within two weeks for a short phone interview. Later that day, after brief phone interview, l received , an email with a link for a proficiency test. That being done, within a week, I received a call inviting me to interview at the talent acquisition center. I felt the interview went well and I was very happy and excited when I was sent that very day for second interview to main building. The second interview I felt relaxed and knew I had all the experience and qualifications they were seeking as well as customer service skills required. I left feeling encouraged. I emailed my recruiter upon my exit, thanking them for the chance. Within a short time that very day, I received a link from my recruiter requesting my references. Not a personal note, but the link. That link, requesting 5 references from at least 2 or 3 current or past supervisors from my resume work history and 2 coworkers from same history to be supplied within 24 hours. That being done, I noted that within 2 days , my references had completed the requested 30 questions and submitted all comments. Two of my current and previous coworkers said they had a bit of a dilemma when asked for 3 areas of improvement on my part. I again emailed my recruiter, and did not get a response. That was four weeks ago, and I have not heard anything since. The sinking feeling I was not chosen has left me confused and anguished since I really have no idea if they are still considering me.

Patient Access Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview within 8 days period. The interview was very professional, as they also made to feel very relaxed and comfortable. The atmosphere was very welcoming and the interview felt more like a conversation versus an answer and question session. The interview was a 3 part interview with 4 different people. The department manager was extremely friendly and appeared that he would have been a great mentor and boss to work with.

Interview Questions

• What experience can you bring to this role? What are your management style?   Answer Question

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Response

9 Aug 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We're happy to hear you had a relaxed and welcoming interview experience with the manager and different members of the department. We encourage you to keep... More

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on August 20th. Totally forgot about applying as I applied for jobs everyday and was currently employed. They called me on October 13th to set up an interview. I interviewed with a Talent Recruiter, then the Patient Care Manager. I was told they'd reach out to me in two weeks. One week later I got another call to come in and meet the Clinical Manger. That went well, she said it'd be another two weeks. In exactly two weeks, I was called and offered the position!!!

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a casual meeting with the head of the outpatient care coordinator at the Radiology department. I briefly discussed my previous experience and then how it would translate to this particular role. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes before going to meet with the head of the Radiology department.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience translate to this role?   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Thr interviewer asked questions about my experience and certifications, salary was discussed and my availability for the shift that was available. He also asked if I was willing to relocate and if I had any physical restrection, because the job requires lifting ,pushing and rolling.

Interview Questions

• Will I be able to work the evening shift 3-11:30pm   1 Answer

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

it was on phone, not more than 7-10 min. With HR Representative she ask me to be sure that i applied for this position. She is reviewing my resume and more information regarding my experience.

Patient Escort Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online.... was contacted about month and half to 2 months after by HR for an interview. Then after that was contacted by a hiring manger for second interview about 3 weeks after the first interview. The first interview was pretty straight forward, not long but The second interview took about 45 mins..... I felt like I did really well in both interview, but was not offered the chance to move on to the third interview which I think was based on what my expected time to graduate which was (in the next 2 semester. ) and the fact that I was in school.

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview with the recruiter, then the manager because they supervisor wasn't available and lastly the director. Whole process took about 3 months. Interview itself was easy. Managers were professional and made the interview feel like it wasn't even an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is empathy, respect, teamwork, and responsibility.   Answer Question

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Response

1 Sep 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to see you had a positive and professional experience. Congratulations on your role as a Patient Transporter at NYP!

Per Diem RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Open House interview style for RN's, met at the hospital assigned to one recruiter, was asked a list of standardized questions no medical situational on the first interview. Each interviewer had an applicant depending on what they were applying for Full time/per diem RN/PCA. Interview was about 15 minutes followed by a short presentation by current employees.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you saw a problem on your unit and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.