Nintex Senior UI Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Nintex

1 Interview Review

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nintex (Melbourne) in July 2019.

Interview

I went through a recruitment company that the process is very fast, but the code test feedback cannot convince me. Code test asked to build a online shopping checkout page suggested using React and JS. My feedback is
1. Didn't used any CSS preprocessors or styled components
2. Used JS6 features like arrow function, rest & spread operators. Could have used object destructuring, scoping to avoid code smell in lot many places.
3.ReactJS: anti-patterns like mutating component state, improper implementation of lifecycle method

1. It doesn't require to use SASS/LESS, and the code test context I think don't need to use it since page is simple.
2. Good to have use JS6 destructuring, but how come this could be a reason to fail my solution
3. Doesn't make sense, where is improper? and I don't think I mutate state. I can use store to manage states or Redux and I talked in the Readme about the design. Really doubt they didn't see it carefully.

In a nutshell, how about my design, project structure, test quality? I think these are the key factors to review code test rather than JS6 syntax.

Interview Questions

• Code test asked to build a online shopping checkout page.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.