NortonLifeLock Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 25 May 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 860 interviews

Recruiter11%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

You've got 3 technical tests then a ridiculous amount of interview with management and higher management to a point where your last interview would be with someone not too far from the CEO. We're talking about a support role... The process took more than 6 months and resulted to an unexpected closing of the position. The position has been reopened later on and guess what ? You have to restart from scratch all over again. I've heard someone who was already working in the company and had a brilliant career there to have had the exact same experience. That's just insulting. They're thinking they're Google but even Google is quicker and smarter than that for their hiring process and if the reject is coming is coming from the company's fault, candidates should be able to carry on where they've been stopped. What a nonsense.

Interview Questions
  • 1 big QMC about networking, hardware, OS and bit of security. and further tests related to SQL Server.
    1 Answer

NortonLifeLock

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock

Interview

Applied Online, there is a long interview process. The first interview was a written technical test. Followed by interview with Lab exercises and a test. After that there is several interviews with various levels of management or co-workers. The process can take a few weeks and can be more than 4 interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Be ready to talk about or edit local security policies.
5 people found this interview helpful

NortonLifeLock

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock

Interview

a bit grill on personality - how to handle test and work - technical test is ok not too difficult the whole process does not take long - 2 interviews - one for group interviews for techie and last interview with manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NortonLifeLock

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock

Interview

2 interviews and a relatively easy process, with request for commitment and effort on taking the company to the next level. Local interview with local GM and region VP were the interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in Jul 2014

Interview

2 stage interview process, both by phone. The first was a technical screening conducted by another Senior TSE on the team. Consisted of 20 questions primarily covering Linux and Networking. A mix of theory and some troubleshooting questions. The second interview was with the team manager and covered work and project experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the role of a DMZ and where it would be located in the network?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Toronto, ON)

Interview

HR Interview / Interview with Management / Interview with Director

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Reading, England, England) in Jan 2013

Interview

Telephone interview about fundamental IT technologies, SAN, Networking (subnets, IPs, troubleshooting commands for Windows and Unix), Hardware, Windows, Unix basic admin questions. CIFS, NFS, Active directory, Backups, Snapshots, VSS, situational troubleshooting questions like why two clients are not able to communicate on the same subnet.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Sydney) in Dec 2011

Interview

The overall hiring process was great. The HR representative made me feel welcome during the interview which made the interview less stressful. Additionally, the interview with the hiring manager was great fun. It didn't feel like an interview but more like a couple of friends discussing work. The final phase of the interview was a technical interview with a current employee. Once again it was a relaxed atmosphere which allowed me to show my full potential

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Boston, MA) in Nov 2009

Interview

I had two interviews and was offer the position. First interview was run by peers, was a round table with 3 other Sr Support techs. They all asked in depth technical questions, some were specific and others were open ended to see how you would approach a situation. Second Interview was only with the hiring manager, I had passed the technical portion and this was more of who am I and where do I want to go.

Interview Questions
  • Where I wanted to be in 3 to 5 years at Symantec - I say this one was the most difficult not that it was hard to answer, but that the manager knew where I wanted to grow into and said sure that can very doable - but then did nothing to help me along that path.
4 people found this interview helpful