Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun

1.5

Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

The audition begins with an open call with 2 vocal excerpts from contrasting pieces. Callbacks consist of a dance audition, vocal ranging, and sight reading. This all takes place in one day. They have a casting meeting and begin calling those cast in about 2 weeks. All casting calls are made within a month.

Interview Questions

• There aren't interview questions, because it's an audition.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

Very easy to get hired as long as you try your best. Easy questions but done be boring when you talk. You do 2 interviews. The first is with the HR associate. If they tell you we will give you a call you didn't get the job. That's what we are told to say. I did interviews. If they pass you on for a second it's with someone from that department. They will either hire you on the spot or send you on you way with a "I Will give you a call."

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had bad service and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process is childish, and dissapointing.
    I do NOT recommend. 4-7 other candidates all 15-16 years of age showed up with me (im 20) for our "group interview". Employer did not want to shake my hand at first, an wouldnt look at me. Employer let me know afterwards I was too old, and also their company is looking for younger active teenagers to work with them at their amusment park.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded with other people in the group on an island what are 3 items you would taje witg you? Choose someone to come draw on the board your items after your finished.   1 Answer

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun Response

4 May 2016 – HR Director

Please contact us at (816) 303-5010 and we'll be happy to discuss your interview and feedback with you.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was on Skype. The manager is nice but hard to understand. Overall the interview is easy, just be conversational. No hard super technical questions were asked. Really they just want to get to know you and make sure you understand basic accounting.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to remember three words at the beginning of the interview and then asked me to repeat them halfway through the interview.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Group interview. Drew a picture with your name and 3 things to describe you, did a small group project, answered basic questions about customer service. After the group interview, the group was divided in half and taken back to a room. They called everyone in individually. They told me that I did very well and they were going to have someone from the IT department call me back to schedule a second interview because nobody from that department was present that night. Still waiting on the call back 3 days later. Look up interview questions for World's of Fun. They have about 50 mock questions avaliable.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was unsatisfied with their food?   1 Answer

Merchandise Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online February 12, 2016. Was called for an interview on February 17, 2016. Missed the first interview and had to reschedule for February 25, 2016. Got the confirmation email that informed me that it was a group interview.

Went in, with five other candidates and approximately six to seven employers.

First activity was our name tags. We wrote our name and drew three things (hobbies) on a small sheet of paper. Then stood and introduced ourselves, what position we applied for, and why WOF.

Second activity was building the secret object. There was two teams (3 vs. 3) and we had to build what was in the instructor's box, while one of our teammates described it to us.

Third activity was scenario based questions. We had two scenarios. You had to read them then come up as a group what the best solution would be. (i.e. if a child had lost their parent, what would you do? Answer: do an all call over the radio/ walkie talkie, inform the workers of the situation, describe the child enough but not too much, and get as much information about the parents that you can.)

After that, they take you to a back room where you wait for one of the employers to tell you if you're hired or not. If so, you go to another building to fill out all the paper work.

From my interview, 5/6 people were hired.

After that, they set you up for processing, orientation, and training.

Processing is only fifteen minutes at the most. It's just when you bring all your documentation and a few forms that they have you fill out (medical history, minor laws if applicable, and pay deduction form).

Orientation is approximately four hours. The first hour consist of about forty people sitting in a room, watching short videos, and going over guidelines. The next two hours is the park tour. Then the last hour consist of dress code and a game of Jeopardy to see what y'all have learned.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly laid back. Just want to see how you work in a team, attention to details, integrity, and problem solving.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy, simple and made you feel like the company had a positive attitude. Which was the outer coat of what was thought to be. There's a lot of good people working there but some people like few supervisors are absolutely rude and DO NOT want to help you with issues. They will purposely make it easy but if you didn't get accepted. Reason: You're shy, no team building skills. That's it. I wouldn't recommend coming to the interview if you hate stress or can't deal with it.

Interview Questions

• 3 good things about yourself (Didn't really feel like it was going to affect whether you were accepted or not. Felt like they accepted you if you were positive, confident and can talk to people)   Answer Question
    • They asked us to replicate a building structure of blocks and form it into the original without looking. The one that went up there cant touch the blocks.   1 Answer

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Group interview, interview problems were very easy to answer, very polite interviewers, we solved a puzzle, said a few words about ourselves, and answered what would you do type questions and we were all accepted

Interview Questions

• You see a lost child, what do you do?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Open call days, lots of applicants, hiring for all positions and often looking for many positions so they typically have a large volume of openings. Once you interview and drug test you will have a training day and then begin job training before beginning the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, MO (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was really easy, I applied online and then a day later got a call to schedule the interview. It was confusing when I first got to the interview, because I didn't know exactly where to go. But once I got into the group interview it was honestly a lot of fun. There were 4 people in the interview and 3/4 people got a job. The interviewers were really nice and made me feel completely comfortable. After you get a job offer there is drug testing, processing,orientation, and divisional training.

Interview Questions

• If a lost child comes up to you what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no wage negotiation, but employees are paid very well.

Oceans of Fun - Worlds of Fun Response

4 May 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your interview experience with us!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.