Olympus Corporation of the Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 26 Sep 2018

2.9

Contract Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA (US)).

Interview

The process is lengthy, and involves many. Be prepared to promptly return phone calls, in order to get on the interviewers calendar sooner than later.

Interview Questions

• Standard interviewing questions. Be prepared to discuss past situations, and how handled.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Interview

The interview process was comfortable. The questions were more about your recent work not all the "how did you handle a situation when" kind of questions. The managers were very interested in hearing my background and experience instead of putting me in the hot seat.

Interview Questions

• Questions on salary expectations are always the most difficult.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA (US)).

Interview

Very lengthy - had to come back for 3 different interviews. I met with HR and several members of the legal department over the course of 3 different meetings. The questions were typical of a large corporation and did not focus as much on my skills, but focused more on how I handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to overcome adversity in your role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not have any room to negotiate salary or benefits. I tried to negotiate for a higher salary, but was quickly shut down and was told I had to make a decision within 24 hours.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Was a scheduled process, professional , included the basic questions for the appropriate open positron. Was interviewed by as future peer and senior management . Interview was professional, seamless process, set clear next steps and followed through as promised

Interview Questions

• What were your previous job expectations ? Where were some of the challenging areas of that position? What were your metrics and how did you achieve your goals ?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in June 2009.

Interview

The initial interview was with an internal HR rep. It was a behavioral interview. The second interview was a one:one interview with the direct report. It was less of an interview and more getting to know the person and what the job entails. A third interview was scheduled, but cancelled at the last minute - due to a change in the regional manager's schedule. We could never coordinate schedules to reschedule during a appropriate time. There seemed to be a communication breakdown.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your current position is relevant to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Interview

After submitting a resume I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer called right on time and asked all the standard questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have performed in excel   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Interview

Was contacted by Olympus and invited to come in for an interview a few days later. Was interviewed individually and by a few different groups. Overall the interview process seemed pretty well organized and coordinated but I got a distinct feeling that the role involved having very little management support and having one foot on a banana peel and the other out the door. Was never contacted again after interview so I assumed they found someone else. .

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was very long...Walk through of campus was breath taking. Architect did an excellent job.
    Hiring Manager was awesome very informative
    Communication with HR during the process was exceptional.

Interview Questions

• What qualities will assist with my job responsibilities ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Interview process was great. I was given a company tour to got to know about different departments that work together in a project. They were pretty quick in letting me know about the interview decision.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

Well they asked for all my IT certs, I faxed oave all my Microsoft Certs, i.e MCP, MCSE and I get a call
    from HR asking for my MSCE Cert proof, I told him I sent it via fax, and he said all he got was a cert for Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.. Humm I told him that was my MCSE, so take that for what it is....

Interview Questions

• They ask all basic questions, if they like you and you're good looking you're in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Times were tough not much to negotiate and they knew it...

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.