Orbium Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Orbium Interview Questions

Interviews at Orbium

3.1

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orbium (Warsaw (Poland)) in December 2013.

Interview

Took 3 days
    3 meetings - HR, Manager, Partner
    One basic test for logical thinking and code analysis.
    General, online test for me to take online at home during the weekend - english, math, iq test.
    They canceled and postponed one of the meetings when I was already at the door.
    Found that the HR people often were late for interviews. (Mostly when the meeting at 9am or similar).

Interview Questions

• Why are the manhole covers round?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orbium (Zürich (Switzerland)) in April 2013.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. You get to interact with several people within the company (HR, managers, partners). The multicultural background of the company is a big plus, wherever you go you will find people speaking in several languages. This might be due to Switzerland having 3 main languages but I'd say it's interesting indeed for people who'd like to learn new languages.
    The process can include some travel to different Orbium offices which is nice. It kind of gives you a taste of a possible assignment abroad. Flexibility is required even though it is not guaranteed that you will work abroad.

Analyst Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbium (Manila (Costa Rica)) in January 2018.

Interview

They have an online exam. After which, they invite you for a technical exam, and then a HR interview and manager interview on the same day. If you pass that, there will be an interview with a company partner.

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Orbium (Makati City (Philippines)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied through the job fair in our university. The HR called and I was given a link for their Assessment exam. If you passed the assessment, you'll be called and scheduled for a technical exam and interview.

Interview Questions

• *Tell me about yourself
      *What do you know about orbium?
      *What are the things have you seen in our website?
      *What will made you say yes in accepting the job offer in the company?   Answer Question

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbium.

Interview

Exam, then HR, then Technical Interview in one day. Then interview with company manager on another day. Then, interview with associate partner on another day.

Technical Interview will ask you basics of programming.
    HR interview will basically ask how you work, what your preferences in your workplace. Basically, you gotta fit with the company’s values.

The HR was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Orbium?   1 Answer

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orbium (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in April 2015.

Interview

Multiple interview steps, gauges both technical and social fit with the company. Usual programming and logic questions were asked during the interview, but based on experience they did accept people with rudimentary programming skills but good logic performance.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure in life, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbium (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2018.

Interview

The process took about 3weeks.

The HR had called and had to answer questions regarding my resume. He had also sent over a CEB online assessment to complete, which consisted of three tests that took 90mins. This was followed by an interview in the following week which involved an hour of written test (sql codes/pseudo code) and a HR interview.

Overall, the written test was difficult, whereas the interview is very casual (mainly fit and resume questions). I was notified that there would be a 2nd round of interview with a senior consultant if I was successful in progressing through. However, I received my rejection about 10days after the interview.

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbium (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through targetjobs.uk for graduate IT consultant role and after few days 1) I was invited for a telephone interview and at the same time 2) to complete some psychometric tests.
    The tests were typical CEB tests, 30 questions verbal, 18 questions numerical and 24 logical reasoning questions. There are same tests and free samples online you can check them out.
    The telephone interview was first stage interview with a quite inexperienced HR associate. She asked very typical behavioral based questions which you answer using the STAR method. Very little discussion about the firm and that is doing.
    After passing that stage I was informed that I was going to take a skype interview. They canceled the first scheduled interview due to some employee’s sickness. They told me we were about to reschedule but few days later I was informed that another candidate had accepted an offer and there were no current positions available and asked me if I would like to be considered for a position 6 months later and to talk then and proceed with the rest of the interview. I said OK but few days later they ask me to proceed with an interview the next week. I accepted and during the interview when I asked when the job starts they answered me next month, so when I asked about the aforementioned situation they were quite unsettled and didn’t know what to answer.
    Anyways the interview was with two HR people. Again, behavioral questions, but quite more difficult because they asked 2-3 additional questions about details and specifics. Typical interview, but you should have done your study about the company and what it does and how it operates, its products etc. No technical question, maybe that’s later. I didn’t pass. I didn’t have enough international experience as I not from UK but overseas, as they mentioned on the feedback.
    Anyways good experience, friendly people with good attitude. The only con was about that hall misunderstanding but nevertheless good experience.

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation that you showed...( behavioral questions)   1 Answer

Assistant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbium (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview started with a simple technical written assessment, including SQL and algorithm questions. HR is very friendly. He provides much useful information about the company. The entire interview session is decent.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbium (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

-Phone Interview: cold mechanical questions to filter out initial applicants
    -Three online tests: including psychometric and reasoning.
    -Interview with HR: friendly and professional - the only positive experience in the whole application.
    -'SQL & algorithm' test: split into 4 sections;
    1. knowledge of SQL
    2. SQL commands
    3. Understanding pseudo code
    4. Writing basic code for sort algorithms
    -Interview with UK Director: cold, mechanical, lacked interest, unable to pay me respect without fiddling / playing around with a paperclip!

Interview Questions

• -Overall background - who are you?
      -What do you know about Orbium / Why did you pick Orbium? (Orbium likes you to have done your research even though their website is outdated! - UK Director told me so himself)
      -What is your knowledge of the financial services and products available, and where is this knowledge from?   Answer Question
    • -Give one strength and one weakness.
      -If a previous manager or tutor were to give me 3 attributes about you, what would they be?
      -Give me three examples of teamwork and one of leadership you have been involved in.
      -Provide a tricky situation where your team was ineffective and the role you took to handle the situation.
      -Give an example of a tme when you have taught someone and how you would go about teaching someone.   Answer Question
    • -To what extent do you understand and can use SQL, databases and programming?   Answer Question
    • -Do you have any other applications currently with other companies?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.