Orbium Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 20 Oct 2018

3.1

Sort:

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orbium (Warsaw (Poland)) in December 2013.

Interview

Took 3 days
    3 meetings - HR, Manager, Partner
    One basic test for logical thinking and code analysis.
    General, online test for me to take online at home during the weekend - english, math, iq test.
    They canceled and postponed one of the meetings when I was already at the door.
    Found that the HR people often were late for interviews. (Mostly when the meeting at 9am or similar).

Interview Questions

• Why are the manhole covers round?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orbium (Zürich (Switzerland)) in April 2013.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. You get to interact with several people within the company (HR, managers, partners). The multicultural background of the company is a big plus, wherever you go you will find people speaking in several languages. This might be due to Switzerland having 3 main languages but I'd say it's interesting indeed for people who'd like to learn new languages.
    The process can include some travel to different Orbium offices which is nice. It kind of gives you a taste of a possible assignment abroad. Flexibility is required even though it is not guaranteed that you will work abroad.

Analyst Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbium (Manila (Costa Rica)) in January 2018.

Interview

They have an online exam. After which, they invite you for a technical exam, and then a HR interview and manager interview on the same day. If you pass that, there will be an interview with a company partner.

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbium (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through targetjobs.uk for graduate IT consultant role and after few days 1) I was invited for a telephone interview and at the same time 2) to complete some psychometric tests.
    The tests were typical CEB tests, 30 questions verbal, 18 questions numerical and 24 logical reasoning questions. There are same tests and free samples online you can check them out.
    The telephone interview was first stage interview with a quite inexperienced HR associate. She asked very typical behavioral based questions which you answer using the STAR method. Very little discussion about the firm and that is doing.
    After passing that stage I was informed that I was going to take a skype interview. They canceled the first scheduled interview due to some employee’s sickness. They told me we were about to reschedule but few days later I was informed that another candidate had accepted an offer and there were no current positions available and asked me if I would like to be considered for a position 6 months later and to talk then and proceed with the rest of the interview. I said OK but few days later they ask me to proceed with an interview the next week. I accepted and during the interview when I asked when the job starts they answered me next month, so when I asked about the aforementioned situation they were quite unsettled and didn’t know what to answer.
    Anyways the interview was with two HR people. Again, behavioral questions, but quite more difficult because they asked 2-3 additional questions about details and specifics. Typical interview, but you should have done your study about the company and what it does and how it operates, its products etc. No technical question, maybe that’s later. I didn’t pass. I didn’t have enough international experience as I not from UK but overseas, as they mentioned on the feedback.
    Anyways good experience, friendly people with good attitude. The only con was about that hall misunderstanding but nevertheless good experience.

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation that you showed...( behavioral questions)   1 Answer

Assistant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbium (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview started with a simple technical written assessment, including SQL and algorithm questions. HR is very friendly. He provides much useful information about the company. The entire interview session is decent.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbium (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

-Phone Interview: cold mechanical questions to filter out initial applicants
    -Three online tests: including psychometric and reasoning.
    -Interview with HR: friendly and professional - the only positive experience in the whole application.
    -'SQL & algorithm' test: split into 4 sections;
    1. knowledge of SQL
    2. SQL commands
    3. Understanding pseudo code
    4. Writing basic code for sort algorithms
    -Interview with UK Director: cold, mechanical, lacked interest, unable to pay me respect without fiddling / playing around with a paperclip!

Interview Questions

• -Overall background - who are you?
      -What do you know about Orbium / Why did you pick Orbium? (Orbium likes you to have done your research even though their website is outdated! - UK Director told me so himself)
      -What is your knowledge of the financial services and products available, and where is this knowledge from?   Answer Question
    • -Give one strength and one weakness.
      -If a previous manager or tutor were to give me 3 attributes about you, what would they be?
      -Give me three examples of teamwork and one of leadership you have been involved in.
      -Provide a tricky situation where your team was ineffective and the role you took to handle the situation.
      -Give an example of a tme when you have taught someone and how you would go about teaching someone.   Answer Question
    • -To what extent do you understand and can use SQL, databases and programming?   Answer Question
    • -Do you have any other applications currently with other companies?   1 Answer

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Orbium (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview based on why Orbium? Mainly competency
    Face to face interview with HR followed by an algorithm test based on SQL. Basic SQL commands and algorithm pseudocode
    Final Interview with partners and managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Orbium?
      What are your three best qualities?
      Mainly competency:
      Long-term career plans?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbium (Warsaw (Poland)) in July 2013.

Interview

Process started with screening via phone, by someone from HR. After that I had a meeting in company with HR, they told about company, asked about my profile. During that meeting I had small technical test. Next step was SHL test done from home - easy test which checks mathematical skills, logical thinking and ability to read and answer questions based on short story.
    After that I had a meeting with Line manager and one of the partners. I found it really ok

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about database objects, about some queries and OOP (Java)   Answer Question

Associate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orbium (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

5 interviews and 3 tests. If you pass this gauntlet, the next stage is a 1 month training course. If you don't pass this course, you're out on your ear. If you do pass, but decide to leave within 2 years, you pay them £10,000. I'm not joking.

Interview Questions

• How many bodies can you fit in the lake of Geneva?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They don't mention the salary until you've accepted. Don't accept, don't even apply.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Orbium.

Interview

Disorganised is probably the best word I can think of to describe their interview process. I had a 10 minute telephone interview and a 40 minute face-to-face interview, where I was told to bring my passport and degree certificate. I wasn't asked to show either on the day.

I was also told a senior member of staff would be present at the interview. She was still in Switzerland on the day.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.