PayPal Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at PayPal

1,083 Interview Reviews

2.9

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

It was over video call a few summers ago, I don't remember it all too well. It seemed to be 3 people and they were all very organized and prepared.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was about object oriented programming   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via Handshake. I sent her my resume and applied for the job online. A month later we set up a 30-minute phone interview. We talked for roughly 20 minutes about the company and what the role involves and then 10 minutes about technical questions.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Had a technical phone screen, then virtual onsite interviews.
    Pretty old way of interviewing, They say they are language agnostic repeatedly during the interview process, at the same time ask you java questions like interface vs abstract class. Had a great time with the interviewers, except one, who was himself not prepared, looks like he just picked up a medium type question from leetcode and was not aware or ready to listen to different ways you can solve the same problem. He kept on interrupting me with his solution. Sometimes interviewers should just listen. Strangely he was the senior most person on the team. Took me a while to explain him my solution. Got an offer next week. Pretty low, not what I was expecting. Looks like the team is not a good fit for me either. This is the advise I got from a current Paypal employee "Unless you are desperate I would advise against joining Paypal".

Interview Questions

• medium level leetcode questions   1 Answer
    • some java multithreading questions, java collections like design Hashmap, etc   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Standard product manager interview where I met with the hiring manager, engineering team, and director (all 1-1s). They asked questions to understand my experience, product, and a high level technical knowledge to check compatibility with engineering team. Please note that this was a contract position.

Interview Questions

• A time when you used negotiation skills?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal in July 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Scheduled a phone screen a week later.
    The interviewer was 10 mins late after which we had 10 minutes of introductions. Then he took 5 minutes to setup the coderpad!
    The interviewer disabled video and kept going on mute so I had no idea if he was actually listening to me. I wasn't even given a language of my choice to code! Did not even listen to my approach and refused to believe my approach worked for 15mins and then we circled back to my original approach. I had 10 mins to code and the coderpad link expired!! Which was followed by 5 mins of trying to get a response from him as he was on mute!! And then he says we're on top of the hour?!

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was in the store it was quick and the manager was very nice. Although it was my first sales position. I felt that the company was willing to take a chance and invest in me.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

A phone interview, a 45 min technical interview and a 2 hour technical interview with a few Software Engineers. From applying to the last interview was about a 2 month process.

Software Engineer - Java Backend Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

First round is Hackerrank with two questions. One is based on Hashmap and the other one is binary search. The questions are quite confusing and I am unable to complete both at the given time. Recieved the rejection shortly afterwards.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was great. Talked about my experience and seems like the manager just wanted to see what was my background. After that phone screen I got a call back they wanted to offer me a software engineer position. Not technical questions, it was more focused on my background and the technologies I have used.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in June 2020.

Interview

Process took around 3 weeks. Recruited contacted me and gave me a coding challenge to finish in a week. It has two questions based on HashMaps. Then, they scheduled an web interview for an hour with team. Team is good and open to hear. They asked me questions on java and web services. Overall i answered ok, but they rejected me and there is no feedback. So i cant say where it went wrong.

Interview Questions

• Merge Intervals leetcode question.
      What is polymorphism?
      What is a deadlock?
      ArrayList vs LinkedList?
      Design RESTful API for fetch, create and update
      Error codes that you send for each failure.
      Challenges of developing webservices.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.