Peace Corps Volunteer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 11 Oct 2017

2.8

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Fill out online application, got placed under consideration for a county, interview requested,
interview and finally got invited. Invitation was 6 months before scheduled date to leave. Received clearances 3-4 months before.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember--but we talked about adjusting to life and how to manage that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Peace Corps

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Gainesville, FL (US)).

Interview

My recruiter did my interview. She was thorough in both assessing if I'd be a good fit and telling me the ins and outs of the job. She was a big reason I took the job.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in July 2017.

Interview

Streamlined and efficient process. After submitting my application I was quickly notified whether I was under consideration and for what country and role they were considering me. I was then contacted to schedule a skype interview. Quickly responding to this email gave me more date and time options. The skype interview ended up being audio only because a quirk of my computer, however my interviewer was kind and accommodating about the fact. At the end of the interview, I was told to make sure that I contacted to my references to verify that they had received an email about writing a recommendation letter. This was an important step because the Peace Corps uses an automatic email system that sometimes gets sent directly to spam.

Interview Questions

• My interview was focused on my experiences with education as I had applied the round before and they had my responses on file for the more behavioral questions. An example question: "What is your teaching philosophy"/"How would you handle a group of 30-40 students?"   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

The interview was conducted over Skype for Business. The application process was very long, I would recommend starting ASAP, but not too long before your desired date of departure because the application will get deleted. I received an email poll of the times I was available to interview, and this was the time my Skype interview was held. I had an issue with the video, but was able to communicate easily with my Site Coordinator to fix this issue and go along with the interview. The interview was a long about 60 minute interview. I was asked to elaborate on my answers for almost ever question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed?
      Why do you think you failed?   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

We met at a cafe. The interviewer asked me scripted questions and recorded my responses. It was not incredibly formal or stressful, but they do expect you to dress professionally (minimum business casual).

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 hour long Skype interview with several sections of questions and time to ask questions of your own. Once completed, medical and legal clearance must be fulfilled in order for an invitation to be granted.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Remote, OR (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview (via video call) lasted 1.5 hours. Prior to the interview, the interviewer sent a list of topics that would likely be covered. Be prepared for the questions to be very personal and direct.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a significant other? How do they feel about the 27 month commitment?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps in December 2015.

Interview

Received email to set up interview, made it for two weeks later. Interviewer called and explained how it would. She proceeded to ask multiple questions and the whole thing lasted around one hour.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Dr. Susan Henderson for a practicum for my MPH program. We had confirm the time through email. She called me ontime and we had discussed about both of our needs. She had worked with practicum intern before and was well aware of the procedure, which benefitted both of us. I built a codebook for them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions regarding differernt disease conditions, codebook.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Interview process took about a year to complete, including over the phone talks and medical reviews. I would suggest working with the Peace Corps recruiter in your area to prepare as well as answer any questions you have about service and working with the Peace Corps.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.