Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and I had a phone interview with the recruiter. I was asked a few questions, but not many. I felt there could've been more questions asked to really assess my experience for this role. I was told that my information would be sent to the hiring manager for review. 27 minutes later after the call ended, I received a denial email. Only explanation, they decided to pursue other candidates who closely meets their needs. Oddly, the recruiter explained how this role is focused on benefits, employee relations, and workers compensation. Yet, I wasn't even offered an in person interview considering my background relatability.

Care Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (Phila, PA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview is fairly easy I spoke about my experience with the Medicare and Medicaid population and answered what I have done in high pressure situations. Managers vary. My manager was simply terrible and did nothing to motivate her team. She sat in her office all day eating and when I would ask a question since I was new to this field she always acted as if I was imposing. In my professional career, I have always been encouraged to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• This was probably the worst companies I worked for, the two and a half months I was there my manager continued to tell me that I was not meant for this position and I need to resign. I loved my clients. However, this was probably the worse jobs I ever had. The pay is low not very competitive in the field and when I approached human resources about my concerns about my manager it was pushed under the rug. Eventually, I couldn't take being criticized every day and left.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are horrible they won't negotiate it is either take what's offered or hit the road. I think I never made such terrible money. I took a 20k pay cut due to my job moving to another state. I was glad when I was finally able to leave.

Social Worker Interview

Interview

I applied online and they called me within 3 days. During interview I spoke with HR and SUP. HR made it seem like a great company but that was false. Over worker and under paid.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging in July 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. One with the hr recruiter and the other with two supervisors in your department. They last about 30-45 mins each. There were not many questions maybe 10 per interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of indications would you be looking for in interviewing or assessing a case? What would you do in the case of a problem?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

interviewed with the Director and the person I would replace. The company needed someone that had recruiting experience and I fit the bill. it is a small department so personality fit was important. I felt very comfortable with the Director. I had more than enough experience to show that I could handle the job without any trouble. they offered me the job that day.

Assessment Worker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a phone call the following day to schedule an interview for the following day. Upon arriving, I waited approximately 20 minutes and then was taken to a room in HR where I was interviewed by 2 people. This interview was very easy going, and the 2 girls were very nice to talk to and easy to have a conversation with. Following this interview, I was asked if I would like to stay for a second interview with a supervisor. I agreed. While I was waiting for the interview to begin, I was seated at a computer an asked to complete an assessment and was informed it would be difficult, which it was. I also filled out a written application along with some paperwork (pretty sure it was for consent for drug screen, background check). Then the second interview began... I was interviewed by 3 people, one who was pleasant and was very easy to get along with, the other was ok, and the 3rd person was a bit condescending. While I had prepared for the interview by reading all about them on their site and had reviewed many common interview questions, I wasn't prepared for the questions they asked, such as: how would I conduct an interview? How would i be able to determine whether a person really needed their services? What should I watch out for? I felt that some of the questions could only be answered properly after receiving some training, after all, this is an entry level position... Needless to say, I didn't receive an offer nor did I expect one. Advice: while you may read about them on their site, prepare for the basic interview questions (what was your favorite/least favorite job and why) and be able to explain how you would handle situations that could arise on this job and how you would perform an assessment. They are very thorough, which is definitely a good thing nowadays!

Interview Questions

• How would you perform an assessment? (difficult only because unsure of how they conduct them and what questions they ask)   Answer Question
    • What would you look out for to determine whether a person you are visiting needs assistance?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.