Philip Morris International Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Philip Morris International Intern Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2019

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

On ground assessment. Wasn't too hard, it was actually a really fun experience. It lasted all day long and there were about 25 candidates total. There were 4 assessments and there were plenty of coffee breaks and opportunities to socialize. I'd say if you were going to do the OGA, just make sure you get enough sleep and be yourself

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Philip Morris International

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone interview; about 30 minutes. In person interview at the NYC headquarters with a group of candidates; interview lasted all day long. Went through various exercises and interviews with about 6 different people, all the while being scored by a group of about 20 people. Went in for a third 2 on one interview with the specific department I wanted to work with.

Interview Questions

• Create a marketing plan; convince the other people in your group to go along with your plan.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were four interviews in total, each interview was of approximately 10 min and there was no break in between. Along with the interviews 3 other activities were carried out in which our presentation skills and communication skills were judged.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join PMI?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a whole day interview with all the other applicants, which were around 60. They divided us in group and put us through a series of "tests" including two group debates, one case to solve and a few short heads up interviews with members of management.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one opportunity when you had to work with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on their career site and got an invitation for online video interview three days after, was asked about general questions and the video last about ten minutes only. Still waiting for the next step.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The internship recruiment process is branded under Inkompass. The process included sending an application, doing numerical and verbal reasoning tests, a phone interview, then an On Ground Assessment (OGA). The OGA was definitely memorable, it is not what you would expect for a typical assessment day. It was quite a long and sometimes stressful day, but definitely worthwhile and rewarding. It was fun and informative in terms of allowing us to gain a deeper insight of Philip Morris through the eyes of its employees - who were always ready to answer whatever questions we had. The day included various tasks and interviews, as well as breaks and sessions of ping-pong which allowed us to wind-down inbetween the tasks. Overall the whole process was worthwhile, and I would recommend students to apply for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you faced a problem within a team and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got invited for an inteview for the position I applied to. Sent a thank you note to the recruiter/manager following the interview. Did not hear back for a few weeks. Called them to ask if they had any news, got informed that I did not get the job. 10 min later they call back telling me that there's another internship available and I get invited for another interview with a different person. I go for the interview, seems to go well but I still never hear back from them. 2 years later I receive an email informing me that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Mainly skills related / personal experience / how extracurricular activities in school could help me in the job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Cairo (Egypt)) in May 2015.

Interview

Many steps, the first was a case study and a few tests then about 5 to 6 different interviews with different employers.
    After that you got to do several presentations about the case studies, and go through many personality and numerical tests even before that opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you had and how did you overcome it   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in August 2017.

Interview

Process lasted 1 week. Long distance Skype interview with a HR manager, a department manager and a HR intern in Lausanne, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The interview last about 30 minutes, got the offer 24 hours later.

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Perth, Western Australia) in January 2017.

Interview

Was straight forward. Essentially there was an assessment centre and then individual interviews. Overall, the assessment centre was the hardest part seeing that there were over 50 people which made the process very competitive and was difficult to stand out.

Interview Questions

• Why Philip Morris?
      Example of teamwork
      Example of working under stress   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.