Philip Morris International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Philip Morris International Interview Questions

Interviews at Philip Morris International

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by mobile from an HR specialist where I received few questions to understand my availability to work in PMI and my English language skill. Then I was invited to the plant where I had the main interview together with the member of the talent acquisition team and the line manager.
    Finally I received a call for the feedback of my interview where they asked me to resume how was the job interview, my idea of the job opportunity and what I believed it meant work in PMI. At the end of my explanations I received a positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where I had to face a problem quickly.   Answer Question

IS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bologna (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Bologna (Italy)) in June 2015.

Interview

You need to submit your curriculum vitae on the PMI Career platform. After the review (some weeks) if you're lucky you receive the famous call. You get to know a HR person who asks you questions about your experiences that you put on the CV and testes your English level. Afterwards they ask for a 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Could you give me an example about a situation where you were alone against a problem you couldn't face alone? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience abroad?   1 Answer
    • In which position you think you're gonna be comfortable in?   1 Answer

IS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days afterwards to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was about my motivation, what it's important for me in a job, why would I be a good fit for the position and so on. The person I interviewed with was really friendly and made me feel very comfortable. She told me she needed to check with the hiring manager but that she thought I would have gotten a second interview.

I got a second interview with the HR manager and the hiring manager, the environment was very friendly and relaxed, I got again some general questions and some more specific ones about my experience and about the position. They also asked me several questions of the kind "how would you act in this situation".

I didn't get an offer unfortunately. They asked me whether I wanted a detailed feedback and I said yes, so they scheduled a call with me to explain their decision. I found it quite helpful.

The overall process was really smooth and they were really professional.

Interview Questions

• - Have you experience in sales? How many pizzas do you think are sold in Stockholm everyday?   Answer Question

Philip Morris International Response

13 Jan 2017

Hello! Thanks for reviewing your interview experience on our Glassdoor page. We really appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience.

We’re happy to see that you found our... More

IS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Makati City (Philippines)) in May 2014.

Interview

You will be oriented with the needed role by a HR person via phone. If you accept, they will ask you to come to the office or they will already do the interview during the phone call. If they find you fit for the role, they will ask you to come to the office to be interviewed by the direct supervisor. Sometimes, this may be a panel interview together with other supervisors but most of the time it's a 1 to 1 interview. Then, you will meet the direct supervisor's supervisor for further interview.

If you pass all of it, the job will be offered to you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

IS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bologna (Italy)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Bologna (Italy)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was called by PMI Talent Hiring Expert , I had a phonecall interview in English that lasted 20 minutes . After one week I was called back for a job interview at the PMI Bologna HQ with the Talent Expert along with the IS Team Leader.
    The Talent Expert Manager was very kind and gave me feedbacks along the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

One hour on site interview with Team Leader Customer Service.
    Since PMI environment is quite specific, questions are mostly related to user experience with working in stress and highly agile environment. Coping with different kind of users. English is a must.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were four interviews in total, each interview was of approximately 10 min and there was no break in between. Along with the interviews 3 other activities were carried out in which our presentation skills and communication skills were judged.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join PMI?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a whole day interview with all the other applicants, which were around 60. They divided us in group and put us through a series of "tests" including two group debates, one case to solve and a few short heads up interviews with members of management.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one opportunity when you had to work with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on their career site and got an invitation for online video interview three days after, was asked about general questions and the video last about ten minutes only. Still waiting for the next step.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The internship recruiment process is branded under Inkompass. The process included sending an application, doing numerical and verbal reasoning tests, a phone interview, then an On Ground Assessment (OGA). The OGA was definitely memorable, it is not what you would expect for a typical assessment day. It was quite a long and sometimes stressful day, but definitely worthwhile and rewarding. It was fun and informative in terms of allowing us to gain a deeper insight of Philip Morris through the eyes of its employees - who were always ready to answer whatever questions we had. The day included various tasks and interviews, as well as breaks and sessions of ping-pong which allowed us to wind-down inbetween the tasks. Overall the whole process was worthwhile, and I would recommend students to apply for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you faced a problem within a team and how you solved it.   Answer Question