Philip Morris International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Philip Morris International Interview Questions

Updated 5 Jun 2019

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got invited for an inteview for the position I applied to. Sent a thank you note to the recruiter/manager following the interview. Did not hear back for a few weeks. Called them to ask if they had any news, got informed that I did not get the job. 10 min later they call back telling me that there's another internship available and I get invited for another interview with a different person. I go for the interview, seems to go well but I still never hear back from them. 2 years later I receive an email informing me that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Mainly skills related / personal experience / how extracurricular activities in school could help me in the job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Cairo (Egypt)) in May 2015.

Interview

Many steps, the first was a case study and a few tests then about 5 to 6 different interviews with different employers.
    After that you got to do several presentations about the case studies, and go through many personality and numerical tests even before that opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you had and how did you overcome it   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in August 2017.

Interview

Process lasted 1 week. Long distance Skype interview with a HR manager, a department manager and a HR intern in Lausanne, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The interview last about 30 minutes, got the offer 24 hours later.

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Perth, Western Australia) in January 2017.

Interview

Was straight forward. Essentially there was an assessment centre and then individual interviews. Overall, the assessment centre was the hardest part seeing that there were over 50 people which made the process very competitive and was difficult to stand out.

Interview Questions

• Why Philip Morris?
      Example of teamwork
      Example of working under stress   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in January 2018.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different managers in order to gage performance as well as interest. Interviews can be long and questions about the future of the company are asked as well as what is up and coming.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in April 2017.

Interview

there were two parts of the interview.
    first they told me to give example from my past.
    and second they gave me situations and asked me how i'd react.
    it contained an introduction as well.

Interview Questions

• tell us an instance where you failed?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

Friendly but challenging with technical questions about the logic of the role, which were obviously needed in order to test my skills. It was a pleasure to talk to such amazing people, happy and very collaborative

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about the logic of the role, which were obviously needed in order to test my skills   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

After pretty tough online test interview was very smooth and friendly. No pressure, good overview of processes and potential responsibilities. It took couple of screening calls and in person meeting. Questions were prety generic no math.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Kraków (Poland)) in July 2013.

Interview

The first round interview is done over the phone, to explain the different internship possibilities and the particular requirements for each one. The second round is done over Skype, followed by a face to face interview at the office you're applying for and possibly several tests. As I didn't get past the first round I can only comment on the phone interview questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several technical questions about Excel, e.g. pivot tables. The questions were more technical than what I was expecting for an HR internship.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philip Morris International in April 2013.

Interview

Person asked me technical question. Asked me to compute efficiency.