Philip Morris International Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Philip Morris International Management Trainee Interview Questions

2.7

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2013.

Interview

The first stage is a CV screening, if your CV is impressive and you made it through, the next stage is a phone interview. Pretty basic phone interview, they'd ask questions like, "what do you know about PMI?", "why are you interested to join us?". Here you cold also ask questions if you're not sure about anything.
The third stage is a half-day semi-orientation/interview session. It's basically a morning where you attend simple talks by previous management trainee and they explain to you what the career is like and what is expected. Then you would proceed with a 1-on-1 interview, a pretty casual one. The whole purpose is to get to know you better. They'd ask questions like, "what do you think of the company?", "what is your stand on smoking?", etc.
If you make it through this stage, there would be an online assessment. It's divided into three sections, the first is a numerical assessment, basically it's some simple calculations and math questions. The next section is logical reasoning, some sort of an IQ quiz, it can be a little bit tricky, most of it is predicting the next pattern in an assortment. And the last section is reading assessment. There will be a paragraph and questions following it. It is leaning more towards English assessment where there will be questions like, "what is the meaning of this word in the paragraph?".
Making through this round would mean the final stage, which is a case study presentation. Basically it is a simple scenario and you are presented with three solutions to the scenario. You will need to pick one and then present it to a panel with justifications. The scenario presented are not related to PMI and the businesses they do, it's more of an open topic. During the case base session, they will also ask you regular interview questions. As this is the last stage, you will know if you managed to make it through or not after this stage.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part is the online assessment. It is timed and some of the questions could be quite tricky and difficult to understand.   1 Answer

The overall interview experience was very refreshing and the career progression seems very promising. Yet, the social view on working in a tobacco company I could not accept. So before applying, do consider, would you be okay working in a company that manufactures cigarettes as their core business?

Other Interview Reviews for Philip Morris International

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Curitiba (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Curitiba (Brazil)) in October 2010.

Interview

First, you need to take two different tests, both multiple choice questions: english skills & general knowledge (logical thinking, math, political geography).

Second step: their first opportunity to meet you live. You'll pass through group dynamics to see how is your behavior when working with other people. You'll have the opportunity to perform alone and show your individual skills.

Third step: Oral english test - someone calls you and talk to you in english just to double check if your language skills are good enough for them:

Fourth step: Group dynamics again, gathering the best ones from the second & third steps. Group dynamics, individual evaluation, they usually look at you trying to figure out how you deal with conflicts, tight deadlines and take decisions in a changing scenario (with short time to analyze the changing conditions). This fourth step is the most demanding one and you'll be evaluated by most of the managers and directors of Philip Morris Brasil.

Fifth step: If you get an invitation to have lunch at PMB's headquarters, it means that you've passed through step 4 and also that you are in. The invitation is to get the job offer from the HR, talk with your future director and start to get yourself used to the idea that you'll soon be working for them.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part is when you have to solve a business problem with your team members and you get to a common point with them. You'll be observed by 6 managers/ directors while the task is being done. After the end of this part, the "observers" call each one alone and deal with the situation as if it was a real business meeting, putting some pressure over the candidate by changing the business scenario and letting you guide them to possible solutions.

With this task, they want to see how you deal with pressure and how your brains behave when you are in a fast changing business scenario (just like the tobacco) and how much guts you have to take brave decisions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the standard offer for a trainee, I didn't see much margin for negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in August 2014.

Interview

Submitted my CV through online (official website)
    Then, they will contact us if we passed the CV screening process to do online test (reasoning test)

First stage - Reasoning Test - Verbal and Numerical
    Second stage - Video Interview (basic questions about yourself)

I suppose they have next interview stages to enter this company.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online on Philip Morris website, was emailed to do SHL test, then screening through online interview and assessment day (given an hour to prepare a 7 min individual presentation on the case study and 20 min prep on the group decision for 5 min presentation + another group case with dripping information + speed interview)

Interview Questions

• The business case is rather difficult   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

First, you will be receiving a text saying if you are available for an initial phone interview.

Afterwards, you will be then be briefed with the case study which you will be presenting infront of a panel. Together with this, will be a panel presentation about yourself.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lahore (Pakistan)) in May 2017.

Interview

i am happy for this job come for me and like it for this job i am a hard worker and good worker and you like it my work i hope

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Cairo (Egypt)) in June 2015.

Interview

The assessment is composed of online and ground assessment that requires leadership, communication and presentation skills. The assessment included an online English and maths exams. And the ground assessment included group discussions, debates, speed interviews..etc

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Belgrade (Serbia)) in January 2014.

Interview

Whole process was handled by 3rd party agency. It was made of six to seven rounds of different tests and interviews. The agency was very professional.
    First they made selection in relation to experience from CV. After that, there was phone interview, and one on one talk.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.