Platypus Shoes Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Platypus Shoes Interview Questions

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Platypus Shoes (Sydney).

Interview

HR called me for a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes it was so lengthy. They asked me all the basic questions and then proceeded to book me in for an interview with the state and region manager. I attended this and was bombarded with ridciolously useless questions such as if you got the position as an assitamt manager how would you make that known to your staff members. And other questions such as what can you bring to the store. They sat me down and asked the basic strengths and weaknesses and how I handled difficult customer situations. They also asked me questions where they were looking for one correct answer and if you didnt answer it exactly how they wanted they didnt to hire you. I honestly got a very clique based attitude from the management so I could not have imagined the rest of the company. After a long face to face interview I was finally hit with the do you have any questions for us to which I responded with questions about themselves in the retail industry and ofcourse the question I never ever have asked in previous jobs but knew my skills were an assest to this company and I still had full time work as it was. I asked them what the salary was and the response I got was a perfect example of a company that works thier staff dead, "you can look up the salary online its just the award, you see we dont throw money at our staff like other companies we except it to be a lifestyle and you do this for enjoyment". Okay so let me get this straight you wanted me to work for you without questioning my salary, okay I will let my landlord know I cant pay my rent this week because I am working in a job where it has become my lifestyle. If the tables were turned would they be working without pay? Do they not get reviews and get a payrise. And to finish all this absolute nonsense off I never got a phonecall or even an automated generic email atleast thanking me for my time and letting me know I was unsuccessful. Blantant disrespect and I wasnt even a staff member yet. Want my advice dont work for a company like this there rotten.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between selling and serving?
      What cna you bring to the company?
      Can you sell?
      How will you set your position in the company
      How will you make yourself known to other staff members that you are the assistant manager
      How will you bring the fun to work
      Weaknesses and strengths
      How woukd you handel staff issues and customer complaints   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Platypus Shoes.

Interview

Called the day of the interview to reschedule to a completely different location (an hour away), and with a different person.
    Said person showed up 30 minutes late with no apology or explanation.
    Spent the whole interview asking extremely broad questions and expecting very, very specific answers in return, then getting frustrated when they weren't given to her standards
    Honestly, it's so off putting having an interview with someone who is nodding with a fake smile plastered on their face for 20 minutes straight, showing up late, and cutting off your answers

To this day I still don't know who I was interviewed by, and their title... I guess introductions aren't a thing?

Interview Questions

• How do you know that a person you hire is hardworking and reliable?   Answer Question

Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Platypus Shoes (Perth, Western Australia) in January 2015.

Interview

intense, like you are applying to be the CEO. she was dressed in revealing clothing- very distracting! she asked the most full on questions. If had less full on interviews for more important jobs

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer
    • do yo have any other commitments   1 Answer

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Platypus Shoes.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call 2 days after saying to come in for a group interview. When I arrived there were about 40 people all in their 20s. We had a group chat and did 2 activities. If we succeeded, then we would receive a phone call the day after for another 1 on 1 interview with store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Platypus Shoes (Melbourne) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied in store and asked for the manager he gave me a very quick interview just asking general questions about customer service, why platypus and so on.
    After this I got a call about a week later asking if I could come in for a group interview. I was told to dress like I would as if at work.
    The group interview consisted of about 30-40 people we sat down and the asked "what do you know about platypus" they were inmpressed with people who had done there research.
    They then paired us with the person next to you and told you to introduce them to the group with three questions. Firstly 1 why platypus 2 if you could be a celebrity for a day who would you be and 3 what did they do on the weekend.
    After this they had a variety of shoes and put us in groups of 4 to sell the shoe. You could either do role play, a rap, a commercial or anything you could come up with the funnier and most engaging were the most impressive.
    From there we were told we would receive a phone call if successful.
    I received a call the next night inviting me to a one on one interview the next day.
    In the one on one she asked questions about embarrassing stories with my friends and how would my friends describe me, and asked about my previous jobs what can I bring to the position offered. It went for around 10 minutes.
    She again said I would receive a call if I was successful and I received one the next night offering me a position!

It was a great experience all around and made heaps of friends in the group interview.

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Platypus Shoes.

Interview

Applied online and a month later got a call asking if I was still interested and to come in for a group interview the next day, was pretty chill, there were 2 activities. Introduce the person next to you and sell a shoe in a group to everyone, If you passed to the next stage, the one on one interview you were called within the hour after the group interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuggerah

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Platypus Shoes (Tuggerah) in May 2017.

Interview

Asked the day before to come to a group interview. I showed up and there were about 50 people, split into 3 sessions. There were 6 positions available. It felt very much like a competition to be "trendier" than everyone else in the room. They didn't ask one question about what experience the candidates actually had in sales or retail they were just more concerned that what they were wearing or looked like fitted their mould. Was not really a fan of this interview whatsoever. Most people there you are competing against are 15-16 year old school kids. At the end we got put into groups of 5 and had to come up with a short play/skit to sell a pair of shoes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Platypus Shoes (Sydney).

Interview

Group Interview where they started off asking what you know about the company. Next is to introduce the person next to you. Last activity was to sell the shoe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Platypus Shoes (Sydney).

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a week - asked me why I wanted to work for platypus etc. Went to group interview 4 days later; fairly straightforward, with about 20 or so people in each session - every one is young and pretty relaxed - so overall a really chill atmosphere.

At the end of the group interview, half of us were moved through to the next stage - 1 on 1 interview with the area manager. Normal questions, overall OK

Interview Questions

• in groups of 3 or so, come up with a short skit to sell this shoe (be as funny/weird as you want)   Answer Question

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was composed of two steps: a group interview and a one on one interview. We had to introduce a person beside us and eventually had to sell an item to the remainder of the group. Honestly, the one on one interview was only set up for those who were dressed the "trendiest" or "edgiest", and ultimately got decided as soon as you walked in the door. Despite me being one of the only people to get comments regarding how well I spoke and sold an item, I didn't receive a call to proceed to the one on one interview, as I probably didn't fit their "mould" of a platypus employee, even though I dressed just as equally as casual as the rest of the people there. They really don't care about any sales experience. The hiring staff are extremely pretentious and fake. Like a majority of their employees who think they got hired based on their merit.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.