Procter & Gamble Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Procter & Gamble Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Procter & Gamble

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

Online leadership personality profile & quantitative reasoning assessment. If you pass, you're invited to interview on campus. Interview questions are all behavioral...tell me about a time. The if invited for a final round you are flown to HQ in Cincinnati Ohio where you meet with a few people to interview. They all need to rate you at a certain level for you to be approved for hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't have a ton of data or information but needed to make a decision.   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you did not agree with a colleague - how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation because I was just coming out of college and had minimal experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

It took a little over one month. I applied online, got invited for an interview but since I was traveling, I first did a telephone interview and when I returned, a personal interview was completed.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral based questions, such as "Tell me about a time...."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Behavioral based interview with many questions assessing leadership capabilities, decision-making skills, educational / knowledgeable background, ability to work in large, cross-functional teams. Additionally interested in consumer understanding / worldwide marketing to ensure strong cultural and role fit. Multiple rounds of interviews with hiring managers, HR officers, current Brand Managers, and Marketing Directors to solidify opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had challenges leading a team. How did you identify the troubles and what solution did you put in place to fix it moving forward?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2015.

Interview

I went through a multi-step process. First I had to submit my resume and information online. Then I had to pass an online "personality test" that assessed what kind of leader and team worker I am. Next I had to take a brief online "reasoning test", somewhat similar to an IQ test.
    After I passed both, I took a longer reasoning test in person. I later learned that your scores on all of these assessments are significant to your evaluation as an applicant.

The following day I had an hour-long panel interview with three active P&G employees. There was a series of behavioral questions, mostly phrased as "Tell me about a time when..."They requested that I respond using the "CAR method" meaning Context, Action, Result. For most of my answers, they had follow up questions specifically regarding my experience. For this position, they were especially interested my analytical and leadership skills - digging for very detailed answers.

This was my only interview; I waited a month and then received an offer. Some of my peers conducted this interview over Skype, others had follow-up interviews in Cincinnati.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty much as other people have described. The questions all need to be answered in the context, action, results format. They were grouped around the three success drivers of P&G, with three questions for each section. I came into the Cincinnati office for the interview, and interviewed with two people currently in marketing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your expertise to solve a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial online application - normal bio & experience stuff, followed by 2 assessments: one a skills driver and one a personality driver.

Pass the assessments and you'll have either a phone interview or an on-campus interview (the vast majority of hires are MBA or UG students) with a person in the function you are applying to, typically someone who also graduated from your university/college.

Interview process consists of behavioral questions designed to elicit responses showing your fit against P&G's 3 Success Drivers: Power of People, Power of Minds and Power of People. All interview responses are expected to be in the CAR format: circumstance or conflict, action you took, and results achieved.

Based upon performance in the first interview, top candidates are brought back to the General Office in Cincinnati for a second round interview and assessments. The assessments are pencil and paper versions similar to, but slightly more difficult than, the online assessments - calibrating reasoning and analytical skills. The final interview is a panel interview with Associate Marketing Directors - with the same Behavioral question structure and topics (Success Drivers).

A Majority of applicants hired come through the company's intern program, which recruits 1st year MBA candidates from top schools across the country.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you expertise or in-depth knowledge of a specific subject area enabled you to take charge and solve a problem, and what were the results?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. The starting salary was the most competitive offer I received out of undergrad by ~$10K

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online through school recruiting in October and was invited to take the Success Drivers Test online. A few days after, I was contacted for a 1 on 1 interview on-campus. The interview was a general behavioral interview strictly following the CAR (Context, Action, Result) format. The interview was about 30 minutes long, and the interviewer writes down detailed notes about your responses in exactly CAR format. Therefore, it's crucial to answer in CAR. About 2 weeks after the interview, I received an email saying that my interview was positive and that they would provide an update on my status in 60 days. In mid-december, I received an e-mail saying that this opportunity was no longer available. False hopes?

Interview Questions

• None were specifically difficult. All were general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Several online test, and several interview with HR person

I got better offer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

1 exam online, 1 call , 1 numerical test, 2 interviews

Interview Questions

• 8 times the same question:Tell me about a time you have successfully led a team in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

2 online tests, in-person interview on campus, next day final round plus in-person logic exam. Heard nothing for 5 weeks. Very impersonal process. 9 questions all based on P&G's 9 Success Drivers - answer in CAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who had a different perspective than you.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.