Propeller Aero Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Propeller Aero

2.4

Manager, Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Propeller Aero (Denver, CO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

A screening interview was with the HR recruiter. Was very positive.

Second interview was with the hiring manager. From the beginning of the call it appeared the hiring manager was not interested and they were just doing the call out of courtesy. I had interviewed in the past for this company and all the interactions were positive. After interviewing with this person I was definitely turned off about the company and position.

Customer Experience Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Propeller Aero (Denver, CO (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The recruiter was amazing to work with with but the interview process was a waste of time.

They were looking to hire a new person to help roll out a system that they purchased and don’t know how to use named Gainsight.

The first interview were quick and they didn’t ask any complex questions. After a week of no updates, they asked for us to do a project management challenge. After submitting the challenge, there was another week of no updates. Finally, they asked me to schedule a final interview.

A few hours before my final interview, I was notified from the recruiter that they already put out an offer to another candidate despite having other people in the queue.

Interview Questions

• Schedule a time for a final interview   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Propeller Aero (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

After being contacted by propeller I was able to set up an initial interview rather quickly followed up with an interview by the person who's job I was filling the next day. They were two 45 minutes zoom conference interviews. The second interview was described as an "informal chat" which turned into a very formal interview which caught me off guard. The position advertised isn't even close to what I interviewed for. Also, propeller's pay and benefits don't even come close to equivalent jobs in the Denver area.

Interview Questions

• On a carrot and stick scale of 1-10 with carrot being 1 and stick being 10, describe where you fall on that scale as a manager.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Propeller Aero.

Interview

Process took over a month. 3 different interviews. One of the interviewers seemed very cold and unexcited to be there and made me very leery of accepting an offer if given one. Disappointing....

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Propeller Aero (Denver, CO (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview was scheduled online for a 45 minute slot via zoom. I ended up speaking with the interviewer for over an hour, and the conversation went very well. It finished up with some basic house keeping, such as are you okay with pets ( the office is pet friendly), and will you be available for our big company event at the beginning of next year. I felt confident that I would get an offer, and was told that I would hear from them in the next couple of days. I followed up with a thank you letter, and two weeks went by with nothing. I sent another follow up requesting an update. The request was read by the interviewer with no response whatsoever. I feel that this lack of communication was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Propeller and why you want to work here   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Propeller Aero in November 2019.

Interview

Four stage interview. First stage was a normal phone screen. The second step was a 4+ hr challenge that they email to you. I did my first interview, heard nothing from them for over a week, then they emailed the 4 hour challenge to me, giving me about a week to complete it. The challenge for Tech support was to explain a concept, any concept, in such a way that the reader would be able to do that thing afterwards.

I completed it within a couple days, sent a great tutorial on how to configure Propeller's own product back to them, and after another week of hearing nothing, they send another email scheduling a face to face. The face to face interview was just with 1 person, the hiring manager, and just asked some basic questions about my history. Nothing technical, nothing about my skills really. Just a history and personality interview. After that ANOTHER week went by after hearing nothing (this is how they operate, I guess), and I got another request for a face to face interview.

Except this time, for the final interview, if they hadn't gone far enough into my past before, they REALLY deep dive into your past, asking you the most vague, repetitive, and pointless questions about your past that really make you shrug your shoulders. Most of the questions were like "What did you expect going into that job?" and "How did you see yourself in 5 years working in that role". Really weird questions. And they go down a sheet of paper and just ask the same ones over and over again for each role you had. If you had 10 past roles you are SOL because you will be there for literal hours.

After doing all these stages, I heard nothing back. My guess is that they just picked someone who they liked the personality of more, because there were no technical questions asked at all. Tried to reach out to them a week later and at least hear they had moved on or something, nothing. I put in a good 10+ hrs in this interview and they couldn't even shoot me a 5 second email saying "We chose someone else". Thanks Propeller.

Interview Questions

• What did you expect going into your last job   1 Answer

Interviewed for Director of Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Propeller Aero (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Was invited for a phone interview after aggressively reaching out to the job poster on LinkedIn. The job poster pushed me to another person. I reached out to that person who invited me to have a phone call. The interviewer asked me to describe why I was brought to Propeller Aero. I gave a sincere answer and was allowed to speak about my background and how I got to where I was in my job search. After describing that process the interviewer told me that it was not necessary to talk about my experience as it was already reflected on my resume. She said that I covered her questions when I talked about my background and how I got to where I was. I got the standard I will talk to the hiring manager and get back to you on the next steps. The interviewer was very quiet and did not ask any additional questions. Two days later I got the thanks but no thanks email. I would still like to work for the company as it appears that they are delivering a great product in several different important verticals that could really impact safety, health, and quality of life. I was really excited about the opportunity to interview with them I hope others have better luck than me!

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Propeller Aero.

Interview

The process was comprehensive, thorough and candidates need to be adequately prepared. Five stage process: two interviews via teleconference, two in-person interviews and one strategy project plan. Conversations required a deep understanding of marketing strategy and tactics, and industry knowledge. Once the process commenced, stages progressed relatively quickly.

Interview Questions

• Provide specific examples of your plan to run targeted campaigns, including tools/processed used, and ability to target. What would you do differently if you could wind back the clock?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Propeller Aero (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on AngelList, had three interviews, and an interview challenge.

I was interviewing with a few different tech startups at the time of my Propeller screener. Propeller quickly became my number one choice once I met the interviewers. My previous job had been a close-knit startup team, so I was really looking for a good culture fit. All of my interviewers were friendly and professional.

Definitely, make sure to be prepared for these interviews! Propeller is a high-performance team. They know what skills they need from new team members and will ask you to complete a challenge. In between my second and final interviews, I was given a challenge to design a marketing campaign for a new product line. I wrote one page describing the campaign and sent over a spreadsheet to show how I'd keep this campaign organized.

Interview Questions

• Product marketing approaches, targeted campaign planning, CRM management, events planning, etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Propeller Aero (Sydney) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview happen over the phone and lastest approximately 45 mins.
    The interviewer seemed friendly and outgoing.
    However, despite two friendly follow-up emails sent to the interviewer, no Interview feedback was provided (Not even an automated rejection email).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.