QUT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

QUT Interview Questions

Interviews at QUT

1.8

Seasonal Academic Interview

Interview

One round which was an interview with 2 people, including a lecturer from the Law School. They asked the standard questions and gave a brief overview of the role including the practical aspects of being in the sessional academics pool. The hiring process was very quick. Great communication throughout the hiring process.

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QUT (Brisbane).

Interview

Casual, friendly, simple. The manager and team leader conducted the interview. The interview started with background, experience and basic knowledge for the job. A question was asked in regards to problem solving something like "what do you tell the client or their web browser isn't working?" So I answered with the basic "clear cache" etc.

Interview Questions

• Client: My internet browser isn't working, what do I do?   1 Answer

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QUT (Brisbane) in August 2018.

Interview

Met with potential supervisor to speak about the position. The interview process was very casual and it was very comfortable and easy. I was asked why I wanted to do a PhD. I guess my response was good as I was hired as a research assistant immediately. However, I had to apply for a scholarship, which was a nail biting experience. Luckily, I was guided through the process and I received a full paid scholarship.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at QUT.

Interview

Invited to apply by previous supervisor who I have kept up with. As far as I know, nobody else invited to apply. Had informal interview by phone but it was never in doubt that I would get the job

Interview Questions

• Discussed duties, experience since I last worked for them, availability, other team members I would be working with.   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QUT (Brisbane) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially filled out an application form. Then I was invited for a group interview with a mock presentation, followed by a one on one with current ambassadors and staff members.

Indigenous Traineeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kelvin Grove

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QUT (Kelvin Grove) in December 2016.

Interview

I was nervous going into the interview, I didn't realise how many interviewer's there were, a total of 6. The first assessment that I was required to perform was how to solve problems from different scenarios, this required me to do this on a Word Document and save it onto the desktop - this session went for 20 mins.

After this session, I was taken to an interview room where I was faced with 3 of the interviewer's. I was asked to read what was provided on the A4 paper for 10 mins, then I had to explain the steps that I would do to fix the situation.

Lastly, I was taken to another interview room, this is where the actual interview occurred with another 3 interviewer's. This interview went over time, which was a great thing!

Overall, my experience turned around for me. I was welcomed and listened to intently. The interviewer's I met were very professional and structured which inspired me. The interview was a success, and I now have the job!

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QUT (Brisbane).

Interview

After applying online and making a shortlist, interviews were conducted with candidates. The interview process consisted of a face to face interview with two interviewers. Lasted about 20mins-30mins.
    The questions they asked were mostly behavioral in nature and tried to get an idea of a candidate's motivation as well as how they may act or handle certain situations in order to check if they would be a fit for the job.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QUT (Brisbane) in November 2014.

Interview

Had a meeting with desired supervisor and submit a research proposal, then you need to present your solution for that problem in the meeting and prepare a comprehensive presentation which shows the programming environment, database design (The schema), required sensors and devices and implementation of the system by using diagrams and pictures

Interview Questions

• How would you solve the proposed problem with utilizing the new programming knowledge?   Answer Question

Senior Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QUT.

Interview

very nice and helpful and cooperative attitude

Interview

Answered selection criteria, submitted CV. 1 x 45 minute skype interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.