Red Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Red Hat Interview Questions

Interviews at Red Hat

Diversity and Inclusion Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Initial communication was great, but that did not hold true for the entire process. The interviewer was very inexperienced and it was clear had not reviewed my resume before interview; she failed to ask me any relevant questions. It was also incredibly telling that I showed up to my video interview in a blazer and the interviewer was in a dirty hoodie.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I only made it to the initial phone screen for three separate positions from two recruiters. 30-minute conversation about my skills and role. After this, neither contacted me back until I reached out 3 weeks later. That's my only experience with RedHat.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Rather than a fluid experience where questions were asked as part of the conversation it felt like questions were being asked in order as part of a check list. Was not genuine.

Interview Questions

• What type of culture and work environment do you thrive in?   Answer Question

SAP Solution Architect (Midwest Region) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter and manager were very enthusiastic. I was flown to Raleigh for a 4 person panel interview plus a technical presentation at the end. Everyone was very professional during the process. Unfortunately I never heard back from ANYONE at Red Hat after the interview; Not even a Thanks, but No Thanks.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like tell me 5 strengths and weaknesses about yourself.. Some product knowledge and experience facing customers.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

HR Service Management Internship - Submitted the application on their website for the internship, scheduled a video call one week later, received a rejection letter after two weeks.
    Talent Management Internship - Submitted the application on their website for the internship, scheduled a video call one week later, never hear from them again

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online and heard from recruiter a week later. Scheduled an interview a week out. Typical process I suppose. Interviewer was not energetic at all, seem indifferent. Said he would be discussing my app with the hiring manager. No longer responds and has no further information. I would say mostly leans towards unprofessional. My time as value too.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat in January 2020.

Interview

Submitted my application through the company's website. Got a video interview with an engineer manager for around 30 minutes. Went through my resume and got asked about some related experience related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience with containers, DevOps, previous internship experience and projects.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Huntsville, AL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I have pursued two openings. One was official and one was through a referral and directly to the hiring manager and director. They were very laid back and conversational. I admittedly have dated technical experience as I had been an entrepreneur for the past 10 years. So, while I have had IT experience through the years, it didn't directly apply to Red Hat, open source, operations, or cloud.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Red Hat? It sounds like your business was doing well, why change now (fair question).   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online through their careers portal, and was contacted the next day.
    The phone screen took approximately 30 minutes. I was told by the recruiter I had everything they were looking for. I went to the next step of having a phone interview with the hiring manager.
    Again, I was told I had everything they were looking for and moved on to 2 video interviews and 3 onsite interviews. The onsite interviews were rushed. I was interviewed by 3 people for 30 minutes each. There was not enough time to discuss the position and my qualifications. I was told by each interviewer I had what they were looking for. The interviews seemed casual and they were "supposed to" ask me questions set up by their People Team.
    My last interviewer did not arrive to the scheduled video interview. Once it was rescheduled, their Blue Jeans application stated there was no interview scheduled, so the interviewer called me via phone as a last resort. It appeared that he thought I had issues, but I believe someone in HR forgot to schedule our video interview with him, but there is no way to know if this happened (no explanation was provided as to why he did not arrive). During my phone interview with him, he stated several times that I had what they were looking for, that I fit the culture and goals of Red Hat, and that I would be hearing back from their recruiter very soon.
    All indications from the hiring manager and interviewers pointed to me receiving an offer. I understand that they cannot be held accountable for changing their minds, but it is irresponsible to lead a candidate on the way they did.
    A panel interview would have been more efficient and would have ensured all questions were answered, but they were rushing these interviews before their holiday shutdown so they did not provide adequate time for themselves nor the candidates.
    I did not hear back from the recruiter, even after I followed up with emails regarding my status as a candidate.
    I only found out that I was rejected after checking the careers portal on their website. After all the time spent, and the day of PTO I took from my current employer, an email sent to the candidate as a courtesy would be greatly appreciated. It is unfortunate that their talent acquisition team works this way, as I also work in HR, and do not treat candidates this way, and I was a referral from a current employee, so my candidate experience was disappointing in the end. Which is ironic because one of the interviewers boasted greatly about how they ensure their candidate experience is top-notch.
    Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a process that required you to provide feedback to ensure success.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat in November 2019.

Interview

It was a 30 minute video interview with a senior engineer about my background and why I wanted to work there. Very Easy process and the interviewer was very easy to talk to and kept me relaxed. Was able to explain myself and was given ample amount of time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.