Rio Tinto Continuous Improvement Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Rio Tinto Continuous Improvement Engineer Interview Questions

Continuous Improvement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robards, KY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Robards, KY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

First interview is on-site. With mid level managers. Typical behavior based questions. Easy interview. Second interview is on-site with members of plant leadership team. They asked stupid questions in terms of "what if". They looked for problem solving capabilities but I think got stuck on too many details on there end. HR manager was asked what she liked about the company and said benefits - if that is one of the only things you can mention and you can not mention the people as the HR manager, you got problems. Seemed to me the plant manager ruled by fear and read into this as a guy who was the maintenance manager did not have any formal education - came from the floor. Plant manager also mentioned the culture was to micro manage the complainers and treat the top performers well. Seems like you got a lot of complainers that need to be let go, but you are too afraid to do that. I didn't think it was good fit for my personal work style.

Interview Questions

I would never work for a stuck up plant manager - regardless of the attractive pay. If they treat someone like me the way they did during an interview, I'd hate to see how they treat their employees.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.