Rio Tinto Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Rio Tinto Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Rio Tinto

3.3

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in July 2010.

Interview

I first got a call from HR, asking me several questions about my resume and some behavioral questions regarding safety. Three weeks later I was invited for another interview on site. This includes a 2hr guided tour and a 30mins behavioral questions with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are some of the most important skills for this position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rio Tinto

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

1 hr person and the future boss. Very polite and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fair, but took a while. Had to get a security check done first plus a physical exam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Perth, Western Australia) in November 2015.

Interview

Three aptitude tests followed by an interview. The entire process took a few months with very little to no communication between each stage. Eventually I was declined the job a while after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What measures would you take to involve yourself in the community you would be working in?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in May 2010.

Interview

I was initially sent an email regarding the application process and then recieved a phone call shortly afterwards, which was basically a more informal interview. The questions were general and then became more specific. Much of the specific questions were to clarify my qualifications and I think to see how keen I was for the job in the longterm.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in September 2011.

Interview

There were two people interviewing, a middle-aged engineer and a woman from human resources. They asked basic behavioral questions like "tell me about a time you worked in a group." Other than the basics they asked about previous work experience and what the position would be for. They left time at the end for questions.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Video interview, gives you a practice tool and the questions are records in the video. Behaviour questions mostly. Have 2 minutes to respond for each question. Not all Questions are not common behaviour questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.