Rio Tinto Mine Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 14 Nov 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 223 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rio Tinto

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Montreal, QC) in Oct 2019

Interview

The first task was to play some games online. These test your risk taking ability, and plannification skills. After that they give you your results. They do not tell you if these are positive or negative, just what you are like as a person.

Interview Questions
  • No question was asked
    1 Answer
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rio Tinto

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in Dec 2016

Interview

So strategic, two guys one who sits and listens doesnt say a word (the chief boss) and the one who asks all the questions (the bosses assistant). Rio is such a big corporation they are programmed to ask systematic questions. Learn the job outline and the details and compare it to your current skills. Write up key concepts that relate from what your currently doing to what you will do for rio.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  • How do you turn a bad situation into a positive situation by giving your input amongst team members?
  • how do you apply safety into your design?
3 people found this interview helpful

Rio Tinto

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in Jul 2013

Interview

(1) Two phone interviews spread over a week, the first was with HR and the second was with someone from the engineering department on-site, (2) after which we did a video conference which was between two of the engineers and myself (we did not do a face-to-face because we were located in differing countries). (3) Online test was completed which took approximately 2-hrs, it included a variety of questions including math-based ones. (4) A tentative offer letter was received pending my physical fitness test which includes a drug and alcohol test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed