Rio Tinto Mining Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Rio Tinto Mining Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rio Tinto

2.0

Mining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online and phone interview after 2 days

Interview Questions

• She ask about my background experiences and why they should give me this position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rio Tinto

Mine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2019.

Interview

The first task was to play some games online. These test your risk taking ability, and plannification skills. After that they give you your results. They do not tell you if these are positive or negative, just what you are like as a person.

Mine Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in December 2016.

Interview

So strategic, two guys one who sits and listens doesnt say a word (the chief boss) and the one who asks all the questions (the bosses assistant). Rio is such a big corporation they are programmed to ask systematic questions. Learn the job outline and the details and compare it to your current skills. Write up key concepts that relate from what your currently doing to what you will do for rio.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • How do you turn a bad situation into a positive situation by giving your input amongst team members?   1 Answer
    • how do you apply safety into your design?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Newcastle) in October 2013.

Interview

Was good overall, I had a phone interview initially and spoke with the management, then came to site and had a good on site tour and secondary interview. Overall it was done professionally and quickly.

Interview Questions

• What I wanted, what I expected, some technical questions on drills and explosives   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fairly quick as they wanted a starter straight away, there was some verbal agreements as well and I regret never getting them in writing.

Mine Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in July 2013.

Interview

(1) Two phone interviews spread over a week, the first was with HR and the second was with someone from the engineering department on-site, (2) after which we did a video conference which was between two of the engineers and myself (we did not do a face-to-face because we were located in differing countries). (3) Online test was completed which took approximately 2-hrs, it included a variety of questions including math-based ones. (4) A tentative offer letter was received pending my physical fitness test which includes a drug and alcohol test.

Mining Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in April 2011.

Interview

Two phone interviews first one with a HR person (more of a screening), second one with a manager. Both relatively informal usual questions of give us a situation where you had to show leadership, eat.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you showed leadership   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.