Robert Walters Interview Questions in Tokyo | Glassdoor.com.au

Robert Walters Interview Questions in Tokyo

Interviews at Robert Walters

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2019.

Interview

Really great. You first have a short interview with all of the division heads. Then, the process proceeds as a matching system, so you continue your interviews with the divisions you like and the divisions that chose you as well. It was great in being exposed to the whole business and choosing your interest team as the process continued.

Interview Questions

Robert Walters Response

12 May 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review; we're delighted that you had a good interview experience and have accepted an offer to join us. The longer interview process is, exactly as you say, a great two-way street for our teams and our candidates to learn as much as they can about one another to ensure a great fit. Good luck and welcome to the team!

UI/UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2019.

Interview

The recruiter was kinda late and with dirty hairs. She acted nice, but seemed with any interest. After that I never had any response from her. Oddly enough she contacted me in the first place.
    Really disappointing from a top agency. Guess sometimes is really smoke in the eye and nothing much else.

Interview Questions

• She asked me about my position, but she did not know much about it in the first place.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in August 2019.

Interview

It was an average interview where I met a series of directors and managers who asked me about my experiences and background. I then were introduced to specific teams who asked similar questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challnege you have overcome in the past?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 1 week. The interviewer speaks really fast and she cut me off in the middle of the sentences. I was too nervous and managed to screw up the interview.

Interview Questions

Robert Walters Response

25 Jul 2019 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to feedback, and I was sorry to read that you felt cut off during your interview. If you’d like to discuss your experience in more detail, you can email me at lucy.crew@robertwalters.co.jp and I’d be happy to arrange a confidential conversation.

Regards,

Lucy Crew
    Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, Robert Walters Japan

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2019.

Interview

Relaxed, manager is looking for people who are very sales driven and money minded. First stage will be with HR. 2nd stage with the division directors. 3rd stage will be with the division managers, and 4th stage will be a 2nd meeting with the division manager interested to bring you on board the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you set out to achieve a goal but failed to meet it   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2019.

Interview

they have several rounds but first you have to go interview with all senior directors in the group and then managers. you have to go through several rounds with different team as well

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in working in Japan   1 Answer

Sourcing Specialist (Researcher) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in December 2018.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Met with the talent acquisition and was told immediately to come back to meet the directors of each division. Came back 3 times after that, met with more directors, managers and senior consultants (4 people, 30 minutes each day). Was told to come back for the next round a couple of hours after each meeting.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest win?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question
    • Situational question — If a candidate passes multiple interviews with the client's managers and project leaders but during the final interview with the CEO, the client is unsure about the candidate, how would you negotiate with the CEO to go with this candidate?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in November 2018.

Interview

I have had many interviews with similar firms but this was by far the longest process. First had a phone call and then I ended up having interviews with about 15 of their staff members, each lasting around 20-30 minutes, some were longer than that and some were shorter.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you solved a problem   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I applied personally. The process took 1week.
    I first interviewed with the talent acquisition on Skype, speaking generally about myself, why recruitment and career goals. Followed by interview with directors from 5 divisions and were asked competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you faced any rejection and how did you recover from it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2018.

Interview

Was located outside of Japan so I did only one interview online through skype - about 10 minutes of pretty basic questions. Waited two months and was told I got accepted. Very simple and very easy. This was only a 10 day internship though, so I think this process was a bit different than normal interns. Was also the first internship done for the Japan office.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.