S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

Call with recruiter, followed up by call with hiring manager and then in-person interview with team - three separate conversations with multiple team members.

While the initial interview process went smoothly, three separate deadlines came and went after the in-person interview without hearing any feedback, despite following up with multiple members of the process. Was really disappointed at the lack of communication after being considered a finalist and having a very cordial in-person interview. Not sure where the breakdown occurred, but I felt it was unprofessional to be left in the dark for so long.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions related to previous experience and how skill set would translate to requirements of the role - describe experience working with Excel and other software programs and ability to maximize results within those.   Answer Question
    • What is your knowledge/background in analyzing energy markets? Do you have an understanding of how different utility markets function?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Princeton, NJ (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email from HR after I applied for this position on University Portal. Scheduled a phone interview next week with another Software Engineer. It went well, basically asked to introduce myself followed by couple of question on data structures & algos. Got a mail from HR for the onsite interview couple of days later. Scheduled it the following week. Was given a test which the standard process I believe with 40 mins to complete it. After 40 mins the hiring manager came in took a look over the test, didn't go through the code. He was interested in the OO design ques in the test. Started asking about it & later he got into logic ques. All he wanted to see is how good my logic is, which if I would have been prepared for, would have been good. It didn't turn out well. The next couple of rounds were just the oral technical questions & behavioral. Those consisted of questions from databases - joins, groupbys & oops concepts etc.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Richmond, VA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The 1st half of the interview was as to be expected for the position. The second part of the interview was done with a contracted hiring consultant who was only interested in personality and not skills, experience or qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experiences in the filed.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Had lunch with the team. Talked about company culture and the future they foresee. Talked about my past job experience as well as our interactions. Talked about the stocks and markets in general. It was a nice crew. Good meal too.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in December 2008.

Interview

They are looking for social people. I knew all of their technical questions, but the feedback that I got from a friend working there was that I am not sociable enough. I asked one of the interviewers, but he said it was my technical side that didn't get me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently.
    No behavioural question was asked.
    Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Questions

• algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

You were given A skills assesment which you had 20 minutes to complete. After the exam was over, A interviewer came into the room to discuss what you did and the thought process you had doing it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I dropped my resume off at the campus career fair. Was contacted afterward to take a test at the school; after completing the test I was taken to their headquarters in New York. I interview with 3 people, it didn't go well, because their questions were either questioning projects I'd written or write extremely simple code, so there wasn't much to talk about when they're expecting some kind of thinking process that really is unnecessary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

This varies depending on the level - be prepared to answer core questions about Microsoft tools like C# and SQL Server

Solid knowledge of OO design principles is important and try to be concise as some interviewers will write you off if you keep jabbering.

I did not come across any general knowledge or other non technical questions but it is recommended that you brush up on what's happening in the industry to show that you are motivated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much. I liked their offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied through my university's career web site before 2009, and was contacted for the first round interview.

First round - Two technical interviews with software engineers. We were given a paper test with 5 questions that have been stated close to verbatim in previous reviews (find closest common parent of two nodes, reverse a linked list, count # of bits in a byte, db schema, cache design). The interviews are essentially a review of that paper test, and you may be asked to answer a slightly-modified version on one of the questions.

Final round - Two technical interviews and one HR interview. Both of the interviewers were senior engineers, and they asked different types of programming questions that are more or less on par with the paper test in the first round. The HR interview was very relaxed.

During the process, you eat lunch with other employees (with no connection to the interviewers) and may ask questions. My process was quick; I was contacted the day of the first round interview for the final round invite, and I was contacted a week after the final round with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• -Finding the lowest common parent of two nodes can be tricky
      -Detecting a palindrome (this was asked to nearly every candidate when I was applying)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to push back start-time, and slightly change the compensation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.