S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The initial interview with S&P was a phone screen with a recruiter. The experience was very pleasant and we just went over the details of the position, a little about the company and it's culture, and my personal experience and background.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with data analytics and how comfortable are you working with data?   Answer Question

Analyst, Capital IQ Division Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in January 2020.

Interview

Did an exam online first which covered basic economic concepts. Passing results were immediately shown. I was then notified that I would move on to a phone interview, which then would lead to a video/in-person interview.

Associate Development Program Interview

Interview

it is very difficult to find advice on how to best prepare for the interview for this job. however it has so far been an exciting experience. after application screening, they give you a 10 question test and next is a phone screen. not sure what happens after that.

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Littleton, CO (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The process took about a month between the application to the final interview. It started with an online quiz to assess finance/accounting knowledge (easy questions). One phone interview with a recruiter, explaining the position/process and a couple of behavioral questions. Then two in-person interviews at their office, one webcam interview with a manager in New York, then a face-to-face interview with two managers at the office. More background/behavioral questions, with a few technical questions. Everyone I worked with was very kind, courteous, and prompt. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - What do you know about S&P Global/Why do you want the job
      - Common behavioral questions: Explain a time when...
      - Questions about courses you liked, and explain some concepts from said courses
      - "What are some things going on in the market right now?"
      - Financial statement questions: 3 parts of Cashflow Statement, Accounting Equation, etc.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

So far, communication has went well and timely. Phone interview followed up by 2nd phone interview, then panel interview and follow up with key negotiators. It's a long process, but thorough.

Interview Questions

• What did I believe were the key skills in supporting an executive.   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

Call with recruiter, followed up by call with hiring manager and then in-person interview with team - three separate conversations with multiple team members.

While the initial interview process went smoothly, three separate deadlines came and went after the in-person interview without hearing any feedback, despite following up with multiple members of the process. Was really disappointed at the lack of communication after being considered a finalist and having a very cordial in-person interview. Not sure where the breakdown occurred, but I felt it was unprofessional to be left in the dark for so long.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions related to previous experience and how skill set would translate to requirements of the role - describe experience working with Excel and other software programs and ability to maximize results within those.   Answer Question
    • What is your knowledge/background in analyzing energy markets? Do you have an understanding of how different utility markets function?   Answer Question

Data Researcher I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The process took a week, I applied through campus
    1st round was apptitute round and the sections were general awareness, comprehension, quantative apptitude, financial and technical, self intro, company awareness
    2nd round was group discussion and topics were bullet train, cryptocurrency, #me too etc
    3rd round was personal interview

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online on the company career portal. Received an email invitation for an Initial phone screen in less than 5 days. The recruiter called as scheduled. Had a conversation for about 30 minutes. Then the recruiter asked the expected salary. I counter questioned about the range the position falls within. The recruiter told the range - I was unpleasantly surprised to find the range for a senior (mid-level) engineer. I withdrew my application without further wasting their time.

Interview Questions

• General initial screening questions followed by salary expectations.   1 Answer

Risk Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online on Nov. 11 and got an on-site interview on Dec 11. I had interviews with two managers. There were technical as well as behavioral questions. They were really nice to me!

Interview Questions

• They go through my resumes and asked my experiences with statistical learning. And then there were behavior questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

Very Pleasant experience. Everyone was so nice and was truly looking to see if you are the right fit for the role. I went through 3 interviews and a 10 questions survey test.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you failed (really failed) and how did you come back from that?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.