SAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 14 Jun 2018
1,740 Interview Reviews

2.9

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

My interview process took several months and only after joining the company did I understand why. The team is mostly remote so they are hiring for people that not only have the aptitude and enthusiasm to do well, but also the understanding and discipline to self-motivate/educate. First round consisted of a call with the manager, second round was an in person meeting, third was a virtual demo, and last was an in person demo followed by several phone calls with various people I'd be working with or for. The recruiter was completely removed from the process and seemed out of touch with what the role was about - even being on the inside now my sentiment is that the recruiting & hr teams are not in tune with the company which can extend the hiring cycle. Overall, SAP is an awesome company with a strong, clear vision and ample resources to train you... that's really all that matters.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied on line, and then had a call with the hiring manager. Questions about personal interest and academic passion, focused on the importance of being detail-oriented. Got the internship job offer after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you think experience at SAP helps with your academic goal?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Had a wonderful recruiting experience from initial screening to onboard. The recruiter called me and asked initial questions about myself and my experience. About a week later I was interviewing with the hiring manager and VP. Offer was then made right away.

Junior Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAP (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Three interviews. Since I was applying from a different country as the job position all of them were via Skype or phone. The first one was via phone and was completely technical. Next I was asked to go to SAP offices in the country I love in for an Skype interview. Why? No idea. There was an additional Skype interview. Both of them were completely technical. The first two was directly with the engineering manager. And the last one included two other team leaders.

Two weeks latter due to no answer from SAP I called HR. Three days past and I received the most generic email announcing the end of the process.

All the interviews took around 4 months.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and they first scheduled a behavioral interview with me. It was a 30min interview and it went well. At the end of the interview, I was told that I made to the next round which was the technical interview. The technical interview was scheduled for an hour and you're given about 20mins to answer each question. If you go over the time limit they try to ask you for you pseudo code, if not they ask you to optimize the code. The coding was done on codepad. The interviewer was extremely nice and helps you through your code if I got stuck. At the end of the interview, they give you a chance to ask your own questions. There were 2 rounds of technical interview of the same structure.

Interview Questions

• Given a collection of distinct numbers, return all possible permutations.

For example,
      [2,3,1],
      [3,1,2],
      [3,2,1]
      ]   2 Answers
    • Given an array of integers, return indices of the two numbers such that they add up to a specific target.

You may assume that each input would have exactly one solution, and you may not use the same element twice.

Example:
      Given nums = [2, 7, 11, 15], target = 9,

Because nums[0] + nums[1] = 2 + 7 = 9,
      return [0, 1].    2 Answers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP in April 2018.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Interviewer was nice and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. I wish I had gotten a chance to talk about my experience more. The interview centered more around the company culture and what I expected from the position. I interviewed last week and have not heard back about next steps yet.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Phila, PA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Very in-depth one-on-one interview with the person you originally interviewed with or it can be a day-long interview that includes meetings with company staff. You may meet with management, staff members, executives, and other company employees. Once you're scheduled for a second interview, you're most likely in serious contention for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that full time travel and consulting is your thing?   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

1. initial screen through email (no phone call)
    2. online coding test (15 multiple choices + 1 coding problem)
    3. The HR didn’t give me any response & didn’t reply my email

Interview Questions

• What is your primary motivation to seek new employment and leave your current company?   Answer Question

Web & Cloud Software Developer/Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

Overall they were very easy going. I had two phone interviews, one was focused toward behavioral questions and the other one was with the hiring manager where they went over my resume and asked me to explain my projects.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The Interview process took almost two months. I had a 1 hour technical video call interview in the first round. I received an invite for an onsite interview after 3 weeks. The scheduling of the interview took almost a week. I was scheduled for two interviews.

In the first Interview, the first thing the interviewer said after going through my resume was "You are the wrong candidate for this position. Your profile does not fit this role. I don't understand why the HR selected you for this role when we have other positions open that fit your profile." I was so disappointed with that reaction that I could not focus well in the interview. The interviewer asked me questions which were not relevant to my profile. Although my second interview went pretty well, I knew I had very fewer chances to get an offer.

Getting rejected is not an issue. But I was disappointed by the fact that I spent my time and efforts for 2 months interviewing for a position which was not a match for my profile and this issue was not caught through the first two stages even after a technical interview. Also, "You are not the right candidate and I don't understand why you were selected" is not the first thing you say in an interview especially when the interviewee is usually a bit nervous.

It was a really bad experience interviewing at SAP Ariba.

Interview Questions

• Questions in depth related to networking and operating systems.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.