SNC-Lavalin Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

SNC-Lavalin Interview Questions

Interviews at SNC-Lavalin

2.6

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Interview timings and schedule was not followed. Asked to wait for almost 6hrs.
    But the interviewer was very polite in speaking. Relevance of the questions was good. The way he was asking the questions was very good.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin.

Interview

30 Minute phone call. Mostly behavioral, some technical. They want to know how your experience relates to the position. Technical questions are mostly accounting. Usually one phone call and a possible fly out.

Interview Questions

• How does the purchase of an asset affect all three financial statements?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Provo, UT (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Go to the Info sessions, and get to know their recruiters.
    Make sure to connect with them afterwards through linked in
    The interview is one-on-one with a Finance Manager
    Make sure to be prepared with questions.
    Do your research on the price of oil and the current status of the energy market

Interview Questions

• How to calculate deprecation, and how it affected the balance sheet.
      NPV, IRR, Discount Rates, Cost of Capital   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

screening phone call, then in person interview with the department manager was set up. A more technical aspect of the interview was done in the managers office with various background info, resume review, tech questions.

Interview Questions

• Who sets the range for instrument datasheets and what is the range for say a control valve?   Answer Question

Refinery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Back and forth several times and waited one month before getting the telephone interview arranged that they want to interview me the next day. I thought they forgot me for many days.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview on refinery operations and communications skills and writing expertise and training skills.   1 Answer

Business Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with recruiter, In-Person interview with multiple people, Final In-Person interview with multiple people. Interviews were good, people were nice and very friendly, everyone was communicative ... until, after the final interview when I never heard back from anyone to tell me that I did or did not get the job - even after reaching out more than once. Not hearing anything from them after spending so much time in the interview process and being told I was one of two candidates that made it to the final round of interviews was pretty disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based interview - business problem that they had recently worked on and work through how I would try to resolve.   Answer Question

Assmebly Interview

Interview

I did not get to talk too much, the interviewer asked a lot of questions and spoke a lot about the company. He asked about my previous experience in assembly. Thankfully my resume was just what they were looking for.

Principal Electrical/Instrument Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was in person and was a very detailed interview, was interviewed by the Project Engineer and the Project Manager. I was asked details questions in reference to the Electrical code and was asked if I would follow the project to the field

Interview Questions

• How well I work with people   1 Answer

Senior Automation Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

Very informal, laid back atmosphere. Initially it was via email correspondence as I was on assignment state side. Once back in Calgary, I spoke to the manger via telephone before coming in for a face to face. Little bit of technical questions and a lot of character/team fitting questions.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able and capable of coordinating work between Calgary and value engineering centre despite the time difference?   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin in February 2015.

Interview

Company called and scheduled phone interview. Interview went really well and we scheduled a in person interview for the following week. The night before the in person interview I received a message from HR stating the interview was cancelled and we would reschedule. To this point I haven't heard a think from the company. I found the company to be extremely unprofessional and I'm glad to find this out before I wasted anymore time with them.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.