Salesforce Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I had three interviews, two with managers on the team and one final panel interview with a presentation element. Due to the covid_19 situation, these were all remote. The team members were very friendly and the VP also agreed to have a call with me after I was offered the role. I found the recruiting team who managed the process very good and they even called me on their day off to discuss some details. I was offered the role and the recruiter was engaged and very happy to discuss details with me. I felt like he was personally invested in the process which was nice.

I found Salesforce to be extremely respectful of my time and seamless to work with. Unlike other organizations who've asked me to create a QBR with their data, they asked me to only do a 20 minute presentation of something I've done before with the data anonymized and assured me they didn't want me to have to spend a lot of time on it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe how well I collaborate and work with cross functional teams.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Four interviews total. One with the recruiter who basically screened me to see if I was a good fit for the company - roughly 30 minutes. One with the head of the team - roughly 45 mins. One with a member of the team - roughly 45 minutes. Final interview was a panel of three people (head of the team again and 2 other members). At this panel interview I had to present a slideshow based on a case study.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe my Customer Success Strategy?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process took several weeks after an employee referral. There were multiple rounds of interviews beginning with a phone screen with the recruiter, followed by phone screens with the hiring manager and 2 members of his team. Finally, I needed to prepare a case-style presentation and present via video chat to a 4 person executive panel.

The interviews, while very thorough, were much more conversational and every person I encountered was extremely supportive and encouraging throughout the process. I can't speak highly enough of the collaborative approach and willingness to help. So refreshing - I haven't experienced such a positive interview process before. The Ohana culture is real.

Interview Questions

• Describe behaviors and situations - how did you react, what did you learn, what would you do differently, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Herndon, VA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Very quick! Received a call from the recruiter within 24 hours of applying. I had 2 video interviews and a panel interview, and was extended an offer all within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you find information and solve problems that you may not know much about?   Answer Question
    • Panel interview was to discuss a recent technological challenge and how I would measure success.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The whole process probably took around a month or so, and was right on par with what I would have expected--not too easy, not too difficult. Interviewers were friendly and helpful, and they provided a lot of insight about the job itself during the process. I took notes to ensure I absorbed the info, and then worked it back into what I was talking about with them in later rounds, which they really liked. All of my interview stages were done over the phone or via Google Hangout, so when I say it was completed in Ann Arbor, that's where I was for them.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls do you think fit in a helicopter?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Excellent interview process from beginning to end. The recruiter I worked with, Jake Smiley, was fantastic; extremely thorough, prompt, and transparent during each stage of the process. My interviews were structured into several meetings with potential teammates and a separate panel interview where I presented a case study. The interviews were conversational in nature, which was refreshing. Each person I spoke with seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me (in addition to my skill set). I enjoyed hearing the team share their own experiences and why they love working at Salesforce.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2019.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn and aggressively pursued for initial interviews. Recruiter displayed a lack of understanding on the role she was recruiting for, the geographic coverage needs (allegedly recruiting for a 20% travel role, but with the primary client 300 miles from my city), and was extremely slow at follow-up. I had an initial interview with the recruiter, an interview with the hiring manager, and two interviews with others. After the first, extremely positive interview with the recruiter, I heard nothing. I had to email her for the second interview to be setup. The three subsequent interviews went extremely well and everyone said I would be a "great fit" with the role and organization. After four weeks of silence, the recruiter told me they moved forward with another candidate. It seems the recruiter's initial SNAFUs are what led to the non-offer. Not a quality organization to interview with.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied in early December via employee referral and received an email from recruiter 3 weeks later to set up phone screen after the holidays. There were three rounds after the initial phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment in the past year or two?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process followed the model outlined on the Salesforce career portal defined under the 'our process' section. Upon submitting an online application/resume, I had an initial call with a recruiter followed by two interviews conducted via video. The last step in the process was an onsite panel interview that included a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Outside of why I might be a good fit for the role I applied for, I was asked what my 'super power' would be if I had one.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in June 2018.

Interview

Interview process was thorough and professional. The process included phone screen with recruiter, followed by phone screen/introduction to hiring manager. After phone screen with hiring manager a peer interview was conducted which was followed by an interview with a sales leader. At this point recruiter touched base to ensure interest in the job and setup a date for to present to a panel.

Interview Questions

• What three words describe you?   Answer Question
    • With a number of accounts, how do you prioritize?   Answer Question
    • Salesforce is a company that cares, how do you embody the Ohana culture and what does it mean to you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.