Salesforce Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Had a series of video conference calls with hiring manager and team member, then scheduled for in-person panel presentation interview. That was changed to video call due to the COVID-19 crisis. Decision to hire was made shortly thereafter. Overall process took a few weeks and was smooth. Their recruiting team kept me in the loop at all times and made the experience pleasant. Every person I interacted with at Salesforce was so friendly and open, they really showed how such a large company can still have a small company feel. They all embraced the culture that really shone through in how they conducted interviews and talked about the business.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions related to strategy, working with cross functional teams and how to handle prioritization.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter called for a phone screen and then set up a skype interview with the hiring manager. The In person interview was a presentation to a team, most of whom would be reporting to this role.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Very good interview process. Came away from it with a positive impression of Salesforce which helped me select them over other competing offers.

Started with a referral and was soon picked up by the recruiter. Was matched with more than one team and did multiple interview panels. Usually an hour worth of a phone screen with the Hiring manager followed by onsite panels (6+ depending on the team). Depth of discussions were good and had all my questions answered. Had some follow up interviews with more folks before given an offer.

Negotiation and post offer period was pretty smooth. Very reasonable people there at Salesforce. Took longer than expected but that was ok given my situation.

Interview Questions

• System architecture discussions and inquiries into rationale for design decisions.

People management related discussions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

1. Initial recruiter screen, which was typical but also added some insight into the hiring group; 2. Hiring manager screen; 3. On-site interviews (7 people in one day, combo of 1x1 and group); 4. On-site 1x1 with executive

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online and received confirmation about two weeks later. Initial interview was a phone screen (30 min) which was engaging and positive. I believe there were a total of three (3) coordinators that helped support the process (scheduling, background, etc), as these folks provide background data and links to other resources for reference and education. The second interview, with the hiring manager, was virtual (via phone / hangouts) and lasted over an hour. Quite thorough with many questions regarding history, skill set, experience, past success, passions, etc. Next two interviews were in-person, with senior leadership, last 30 min. to and hour each. Similar lines of question looking for past experience in alignment with proposed role, with a focus of highlighting actual events, role, successful and unsuccessful outcomes and lessons learned.

Interview Questions

• From memory... What do you love doing? What experiences have best prepared you for this role? Why are you the right person for this opportunity?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2019.

Interview

Submitted application online. HR emailed with request to talk to hiring manager, then to another from same department. Questions they asked were like I just came out of school, not having been top tier consulting for a decade then another SaaS company for 8. Some were the top 5 you'd expect. I was out of the country and on PTO, but they still wanted to have the interview..Wierd

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you...had to deal with another department who didn't agree with your priorities. Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

It was a coherent process in which the recruiter and hiring manager kept me up-to-date throughout. The stages and timeline were all explained ahead of time. Both the recruiter and hiring manager made themselves available via email/phone if I needed to reach out between interview stages.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

It was a fun experience. It started with a call from the hiring manager. He expressed his interest in me and asked if I'd like to interview for the position. His great enthusiasm for Salesforce got me inspired to apply. Upon applying, I was called by the recruiter. She was excellent. I felt like she would have taken the entire day with me explaining why SFDC is a great company. She was right. It was just as fun and exciting throughout the interview process. I had multiple phone screens with the team I'd be interfacing with on a daily basis. A fun and dedicated team of very experienced professionals. After the last face-to-face presentation with the hiring manager, the recruiter escorted me out and was in constant contact with me throughout the experience. I'd highly recommend applying to SFDC.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to present a forward-leaning presentation on Salesforce technologies and how to apply them to a fictitious client.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very quick and positive experience. I had a phone interview on Friday, flew out Wednesday night for a 2 day interview. When I landed on Friday night I had an email informing me an offer was coming which I received that immediate Monday.

Interview Questions

• Case study questions tested my thought process for how I built my slide deck.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

30 min phone w/ hiring manager
    7 on-site included program management, engineering director, VP
    30 min phone follow-up w/ a VP

Recruiters worked very fast and responded timely. When the original recruiter was out, a backup recruiter filled in and made the process go uninterrupted.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.