Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

3,297 Interview Reviews

3.2

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I had been in contact with Meg for the interview process. The first step was being invited to a networking event. This was a great experience because I was able to speak directly to BDRs and managers prior to the official interview. I was impressed by the passion that was exuded by the both coworkers and managers. The next step was an onsite interview. This was an hour of questioning.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? Why are you the best hire?
      What do you do outside of work?
      What could improve the sales process?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

My first call was with a junior level recruiter. The next step was with an internal recruiter.
    During the call we went through my sales background and she asked me good questions about my experience, process, etc as well as some granular questions about how much revenue I close for my current company and average deal size.

Next was a resume deep dive. The hiring managers were friendly but it was hard to gauge what they were thinking. For example, I was going for the growth sales role which is a step up from AE SMB. I asked if they had any concerns or if anything would hold them back from moving forward. They seemed excited and said no. A week later I get the call from my recruiter saying they didn’t think I had enough experience with the complex sale but that I was still a good culture fit in their eyes so she wanted me to apply for the AE smb role which was 10k less in salary on 40k less in ote for the first year. This was a tough pill to swallow for me since I currently make 150k/year but it’s Salesforce so I agreed. I asked the recruiter if Salesforce negotiates depending on experience and she said, “Salesforce believes in gender neutral equality.” I wasn’t quite sure how that was relevant or even what that meant so I brushed it off because again it’s Salesforce.

Two weeks later I was back in the office talking to the hiring managers for the small business team. Everything went well. They were super nice and I was happy to hear I got the invitation to the big dance - the presentation. Granted, it wasn’t for the role I applied for but at this point I’d come too far and damnit it’s Salesforce. My recruiter gives me the criteria for the presentation and I decide to make it my mission for the next two weeks to prepare for it. Meanwhile, my recruiter took a month off to get married and I’m passed off to someone else who was painfully apathetic.

I didn’t let that stop me because the ones who mattered were the VP of sales and the two regional managers who were going to be judging my presentation. Let me just say this - I don’t think I could’ve done a better job. I executed the presentation exactly how I wanted to and demonstrated my value as a solid rep.

My interim recruiter called me a week later, apologized for the delay and actually said she was dialing the wrong number to reach me before she gave me the news I didn’t make the final cut.

2 months, 6 interviews, 2 recruiters, 2 job applications for different roles, and an internal referral later and not a thing to show for it.

I can sit here and lie and say this was a great learning experience and I’m happy I made it that far but if I were to be honest I feel confused and disappointed. My recruiter interim recruiter didn’t give me any feedback other than “it’s just highly competitive, I’m sorry.”

Oh well, I have a good job and some things to be grateful for so I’ll just focus on that. Thanks for reading.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I applied online and the whole process took a couple of weeks to complete. First was a call with a recruiter, she was amazing!! So helpful through the entire process. After talking with her on the phone I went for an in person interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

There were phone interviews followed by an in-person pitch presentation for the final round. The presentation was intense. I probably spend 60 hours on it and was evaluated on the content, my presentation skills and question handling. It was a great way for them to evaluate candidates and for me to learn about the product and company, but a very stressful and intense process to go through.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. The energy is casual and the questions that were asked were fair game. Overall communication was transparent and direct not to mention that the people are awesome! You definitely feel the Ohana culture as soon as you step into the building!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how did you solve it?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for Salesforce?
      What is your approach?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I was a referral and was screened by a recruiter here before I even applied. Application uploaded from LinkedIn and was easy. It was a little difficult to schedule the on-site interview - it took about 2 weeks. I prepped by watching all sorts of videos and reading everything from the website multiple times. I found out the next day I got the job and started 3 weeks after that! I interviewed with a couple people in the role first, then with management.

Interview Questions

• All the questions they asked came directly from here, so I just prepared answers from here.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Recruited and they were thorough and communicative the entire time! A call with the recruiter, call with manager, in-person with 3 managers, time to talk with 2 BDRs and a mock sales call.

Interview Questions

• If I was the CEO of my former company, what would be three things I would change for the better? How would I make shareholders happy?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was referred. The recruiter reached out to me for a phone screen. The phone screen went well and the recruiter scheduled an interview for me with the hiring manager for next week. The day before the interview, the recruiter contacts me and tells me that the hiring manager will be moving forward with other candidates and will not be interviewing me.

I think that this was not respectful of my time given that I blocked off time on my calendar a week in advance but was only notified a day before my interview of the cancellation. Additionally, candidates should be rejected after an interview as opposed to scheduling another interview with the candidate and then rejecting them.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied for a different role and did not get next steps. Recruiter reached out with a different role that was more in line with my resume. I had a 20 minute phone interview with the recruiter, a 30 minute with the hiring director, and a 3.5 hour in person interview and 30 minute presentation.

Interview Questions

• If we called one of your friends right now, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What's an example of a time that you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Platform Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter, the hiring manager, his manager, and a Sales VP. The final interview was a panel where I presented in a mock sales situation, including a demo I configured on Salesforce. I found all of the interviews fair and aimed at gauging my competency, character, and fit for the position. Questions were focused and did not waste time with superfluous standard interview questions. In short: Challenging, fair, focused.

Interview Questions

• How I would present the Salesforce value proposition to a current customer to expand the customer success platform across more business cases and user groups.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salesforce made an excellent initial offer, so there was no need to negotiate further.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.