Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Melbourne) in October 2018.

Interview

Professional, comprehensive. Conversations with experienced people, not just a string of questions. Combination of google handout and face to face interviews, both formal and informal over coffee. Consistently though they were conversation based, not interrogation based.

Interview Questions

• Ranged widely from experience to situational. Alot focused on cultural fit. Something clearly very vital to Salesforce' success.   1 Answer

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was the best process I was a part of because everything was so transparent. Additionally I had an issue with my personal computer during the onsite and the employees took time out of their days to help me resolve.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting into this team?   1 Answer

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. I received the notification for a phone screen with a recruiter, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager the following week. Afterwards, I was brought in the next week for an on-site panel interview. I was offered the position within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Salesforce?   2 Answers
    • What makes you more qualified for this role than others who have applied?   1 Answer

Contracts Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen call with recruiter where I was asked basic questions about my experience and qualifications. He also described the job and expectations. He generally kept in touch before the call to let me know where things were, but after it was more difficult.

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce in December 2013.

Interview

Got in a call through a referral. Contacted by the HR department, who then scheduled 2 phone interviews. 1-Technical & 1- Management

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Code a problem. I had the opinion it would be a Q&A round, no coding will be involved in this round.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

It was quick, 1 phone screen interview, after that onsite interviews(6 interviews onsite). Questions weren't too difficult but not very easy as well had to think, mostly related to performance in 3-tier architecture find areas that can be bottlenecks, some OO concepts, database indexing and sql queries. Overall the interview questions are position based, not very difficult although the test is tedious to finish but not impossible. With some Java programming practice one can clear the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Find performance bottleneck in 3 tier architecture   1 Answer
    • sql query to find count of students having same last name   4 Answers
    • database indexing, garbage collection techniques, difference between interface and abstract class, which one to use when, difference between hasmap and hashset and some more data structure related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I had an offer so was able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Several interviews. I believe one was behavioral while the other was simply the usual tech questions. Both were with managers. Since it was more for performance position, they asked how to optimize JavaScript code. They also asked basic algorithms using hashmaps and hashsets.

Interview Questions

• Find the Kth largest element in a list   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire process was really straightforward. I had a phone call with an engineer where he asked me how I would design a hashtable without any built-in language tools. The second question was how I would optimize for either reads or writes and how I would approach load balancing during peak usage.

Interview Questions

• Design a hashtable (no built-in language tools).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

1) spoke with recruiter.
    2) Phone screen with hiring manager.
    3) Face to face interview with 7 people in one day.
    4) Another face to face interview with Director on another day.
    5) 1 phone call with hiring manager.
    6) Almost a month later I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What is "Performance Engineering?"   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone call with basic mobile related questions. One site 5 rounds mostly, knowledge based questions and one problem solving question. I think they were mainly looking for someone who was experienced with mobile programming. All interviewers were very friendly and culture within the company was very positive.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process took 3-4 weeks from date of application to get the offer. The interview process was very clear and precise, I had one of the best experience interviewing with Salesforce and Recruiter was always on top of everything during each and every step of the interview.
    After 1 week of submitting my application, I got an email from the recruiter to set up an introductory call about the position and my interests.
    - Set up the video conference interview call with one of the team member which was a combination of both programming and work experience related question. IPerson was very pleasant to interview with.
    - After 2-3 of my first interview, I got the email from my recruiter about the feedback and the next step in the interview process which was HackersRank online assignment for 2 hours.
    - After the online assignment, they called me for the final round of video call interview with 3 different persons including the Hiring Manager and two other Senior architects from the team. These interviews were more of a performance engineer and troubleshooting perspective and some behavioral questions from your recent work experience.

In around 1 week after the interview, I got the call from the recruiter that team wanted to extend an offer which I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions like Challenging Situation in your recent assignment? The biggest achievement, Strengths, etc
      debugging performance bottleneck in each and every layer of the typical MVC model, SAAS architecture, etc.
      Basic Data Structure and Algorithmic Questions around the array, String, Stacks, Linked list, etc.   1 Answer

Salesforce Response

20 May 2019 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a great interview experience. Welcome to Salesforce! We're lucky to have you.
    - Ana Recio, EVP, Global Recruiting

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.