Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

5,187 Interview Reviews

3.3

Lead UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Interview process was slightly delayed by the holiday (a great perk of Salesforce, they give 2 full weeks off over Christmas and New Year's), but once things moved forward I found the process wonderful. The take-home code assignment was better than most I've had to do for interviews, since it was building a real application and the example project closely mirrors their working stack, which I found valuable in assessing my level of interest in the product I would be building.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between "context", "state", and "props".   1 Answer

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very well-planned and thought out; had the opportunity to meet with all the pertinent team members ; I did a great job telling me about the role, responsibilities, company culture etc.

Lead IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

I do not want to share it as i have signed a non dis closer document with the company. I will not be able to share it online as they say it is going to impact the business but i can take a risk of doing the sharing of the interview process with online.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was referred to by the hiring manager who I have worked with in the past. Initial round included a hacker rank problem and a subsequent phone conversation with a lead engineer. On-site interview lasted about 5 hours with questions ranging from system design and coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• Mainly how real time stream processing in scale is done based on my experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2019.

Interview

My interview process with Salesforce.org consisted of the following stages:
    1. Initial phone screening with the recruiter
    2. Video call with one of the hiring managers
    3. Remote Programming Test
    4. 3 panel interviews consisting of 2 interviewers each conducted via video call
    5. Final interview with a SFDO VP

Interview Questions

• Generally speaking, the interview questions were intended to assess cultural fit, personality, motivation, and technical knowledge / experience.

Every individual with whom I spoke seemed genuine and driven by the mission of SFDO. Even the technical interviews played out more like conversations than the typical correct / incorrect Q&A cycle. While it was apparent that technical ability was being assessed, it never felt like an interrogation. I personally appreciated the style.   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The first step was a phone interview, followed by an online test. Pretty easy test with enough time to finish and review my code.
    The onsite interview was very pleasant. The engineers that interviewed me were very kind.
    I received an offer within a few days after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the Java language.
      Some design questions.
      A couple of coding (algorithm) questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and the interview coordinator were in constant contact throughout the process of booking my flights, hotel and getting to the interview. After the interview they made an informal offer the next day and a formal offer letter a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked my current salary and hike I expected and they matched it.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

1.Technical screening (phone)
    2.Technical Test (@home)
    3.On-site interview (5-6 people from the team including hiring manager will take interview)

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone screen, on-site interview, programming test then offer.

Interview Questions

• It depends on who you're interviewing with. For me there's nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter low-balled me quite a bit, actually she began with an unreasonable base salary. I had to negotiate pretty hard. Even then I didn't get what I was expecting.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted via a internal contact. Phone screen with Hiring manger on basic interview and technical questions followed by a two hour programming test. Passed with flying colors and was invited to San Francisco to interview with 10+ people. Some interviewers were in town, some were remote so we had conference calls. Overall, it was your typical tech interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Met my expectations so did not negotiate..