Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Salesforce

5,333 Interview Reviews

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and the interview coordinator were in constant contact throughout the process of booking my flights, hotel and getting to the interview. After the interview they made an informal offer the next day and a formal offer letter a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked my current salary and hike I expected and they matched it.

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview starts with a one-hour phone interview with the hiring manager. After it passed, a 24-hour remote programming came. Afterward, it is a whole day onsite with 5 rounds, some are hangouts with remote engineers, and others are the local interviewers.

Interview Questions

• One design question is about design a chess game.   1 Answer

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The position I interviewed for was C++ specific, although the job will require some iOS, Android and Windows specific stuff as well.

Interview over the phone first. Very friendly and nice chat, no technical questions during that.

Second part was programming test. I spent several hours implementing a C++ program that did a lot of things with data structures, JSON, threading, etc. They liked this enough to fly me out to San Francisco.

Third part of the interview was a day long process where I met with several managers and teams where I chatted and answered multiple technical questions and did a few basic coding exercises. They liked me well enough to offer me the job :)

Interview Questions

• Differences between std::vector vs std::list   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Overall the experience was great. Everyone on the team was very nice and seemed generally smart.

I had one interview that was a little at odds with the type of interview one would generally expect for this role, but it was constructive nonetheless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make it easy on yourself and get a competing offer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

This interview states location of San Francisco but all of my interactions were via Google Hangouts as this was a remote position. I first met with the hiring manager. This first meeting was mainly an initial screen. I was then scheduled to speak with several members of the team (CTO, Architect, SMTS, LMTS, etc.) over the next 5-7 days for 45 minutes each. After completing all of these sessions I was presented with an offer the following business day. The last session was on a Friday afternoon and I had an offer on Monday.

Post-offer communication is top notch. Expectations are set at all points in the process and there is always someone to call or email if there are any questions or concerns.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all related to explaining my current role and prior projects I have worked on that are relevant to this position.   1 Answer

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The first step was a phone interview, followed by an online test. Pretty easy test with enough time to finish and review my code.
    The onsite interview was very pleasant. The engineers that interviewed me were very kind.
    I received an offer within a few days after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the Java language.
      Some design questions.
      A couple of coding (algorithm) questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted via a internal contact. Phone screen with Hiring manger on basic interview and technical questions followed by a two hour programming test. Passed with flying colors and was invited to San Francisco to interview with 10+ people. Some interviewers were in town, some were remote so we had conference calls. Overall, it was your typical tech interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Met my expectations so did not negotiate..

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone screen, on-site interview, programming test then offer.

Interview Questions

• It depends on who you're interviewing with. For me there's nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter low-balled me quite a bit, actually she began with an unreasonable base salary. I had to negotiate pretty hard. Even then I didn't get what I was expecting.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

1.Technical screening (phone)
    2.Technical Test (@home)
    3.On-site interview (5-6 people from the team including hiring manager will take interview)

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Interview

The best interview process I have ever had. The recruiters were very responsive and the interviewers were great. First I had a phone screen with one of the directors followed by a remote programming test which was very interesting to solve. This was followed by four onsite interviews which included programming and questions on past experience and some questions on testing.