Salesforce Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied via referral. There were total 7 rounds - hackerrank test, 2 technical, 2 managerial and 1 learnability and HR round . The entire process was very smooth and it took around a month.

Interview Questions

• Medium leetcode questions on arrays , linklist,DFS, KMP algo, optimization etc   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring manager, RPT from the recruiter, then an onsite interview. Everyone the entire way through was very friendly and seemed happy to help and/or interview me.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in October 2019.

Interview

The process takes about 1 month. I submitted through Salesforce website. Start with the initial phone call with the recruiter, couple video interviews with the team(technical/behavioral), and a 48 hours Salesforce project.

Interview Questions

• What do you value the most and other behavioral questions oriented around the team   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

This was a very pleasant interview experience which is not surprising given how amazing the reputation at Salesforce is. The lead recruiter Shobana did a fantastic job of providing me with timely feedback, as well as expectations moving forward. I never felt like I was wondering what was coming next, or when those next steps would occur. The interviews felt more like conversations, and I was actually able to learn a lot more about the company throughout. I have nothing but positive things to say about the entire process. The interview process and the way it was conducted definitely aligns with the wonderful culture at Salesforce.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Deerfield Beach, FL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The process was very standard. Had a phone interview, then the Hackerrank technical test. After passing that, then I was invited to come in for a five hours face to face interview. Spoke to the team that I was going to be working with and then four separate individuals. Then I had a virtual interview, then I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• I'm not allowed to give any specifics, however it's mostly OOP concepts, data structures, relational database, some whiteboard sessions etc.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

One virtual interview with a senior engineer. After clearing that, there were three onsite rounds. Questions were not that difficult. Interviewers were nice. The whole experience was smooth and the HR was quick to respond to my emails.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

(1) Contacted by recruiter (referred by advisor at university).

(2) Chat with engineering director over Hangouts (30min, technical but high level).

(3) Flew out to San Francisco for onsite interview (full day).
    - 5 1-hour long technical interviews, with engineers from potential teams I would be joining.\
    - Technical portion required coding on whiteboard, discussing design, sketching out systems, etc. I didn't need to crank out a wall of code, some of the questions were actually quite simple on their face but the follow up questions and discussion require a good understanding of computer systems concepts (caching, concurrency, load balancing, etc.).
    - 1.5 hour break for lunch with another engineer, which is a more casual discussion about Salesforce.
    - I also had the opportunity to ask questions / chat for 5-10 minutes at the end of each technical interview.
    - 30 mins wrap-up / debrief chat with engineering director (same person I talked with in (2)).

(4) Coding screen (a few days after the onsite, on my own). I was supposed to do this before the onsite, but for some reason the timing of my process made it such that the two were flipped.

(5) Verbal offer. Recruiter also helped set up chat with my would-be direct manager so I could learn more specifics about the team.

Interview Questions

• You're given a list of installation dependencies. Then you're given a sequence of install/remove/list program commands, and you're supposed to output what programs get installed such that all dependencies are satisfied, and what programs are removed when nothing depends on them. Kind of like a very bare bones version of Linux's APT tool.   Answer Question
    • Implement an LRU cache.   Answer Question
    • Sketch out the architecture of a DBMS.   Answer Question
    • A concurrency question involving the scanning of and removal of nodes from a linked list.   Answer Question
    • Explain projects from my resume. Seemed like interviewers coordinated such that each person asked about a different project.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2018.

Interview

Long, but thorough. I was interviewing for a remote position, so all interviews were via google hangouts and spread across the course of two months.

- Phone screen with Recruiter
    - 1:1 with Hiring Manager, screening for basic technical skills and work experience
    - Programming test (48hr window to complete) with a meeting to review it once it was done
    - 3 panel interviews, one hour each (culture fit, work experience)

After the panel interviews were done, it was approximately two weeks before I had an offer.

The good:
    - No brain teasers or any oddball questions. They were interested more in how I would function as a software engineer, and would I be a good fit for the team.
    - The programming test did not need to be a complete fully functional polished solution. It included a blurb stating that work/life balance is important, don't spend too much time on the test.
    - The recruiter did a good job keeping me in the loop on what was next with the process.

The bad:
    - Turnaround time. I was told this was a position that needed to be filled quickly, but the interview process didn't move very quickly. Once the process was done I felt rushed to either accept/decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Advantages and disadvantages of Agile vs Kanban   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2018.

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter, two web interviews with two technical staff members in each, one web interview with a manager, and two web interviews with a director in each.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about a project on which you've worked?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Two Telephonic Rounds with team members. Medium difficulty. Followed by 4 difficult onsite interviews. Each interview round consisted of one or two coding questions followed by project discussion and interests. My recruiter Marianna, was amazing to work with. She did everything promptly and was in constant touch with me and guiding me about how to go about the whole process. I really appreciate the effort put in by the company and candidate experience was simply amazing. I simply loved the culture and experience of people I met during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Design a scalable VPN service, A question utilizing circular buffers, and scrable game word detection matrix problem.   1 Answer

Salesforce Response

30 May 2018 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that Marianna provided an enjoyable experience and that you got a taste of our Ohana culture. We hope you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities. Best of luck in your search!
    - Ana Recio, Salesforce SVP Global Recruiting

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.