Salesforce Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haslet, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Haslet, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

GREAT experience! It was tough, but getting into a great company should be difficult (right?).

Initial contact via email from SF recruiter, then interview with SF Recruiter, then one with Hiring Manager, then 5 more interviews with peers/team, leadership.

Interview Questions

• Choosing not to share, put yourself out there and seek it out, you have to experience it yourself.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Of all the recruiters I've spoken with over my career, Jessica Roth is no doubt the best I've ever worked with. From the getgo, Jessica is extremely professional and personable, knowledgable and organized, dedicated and approachable, an absolute delight to work with. Recruiters are the face of the company, a conversation with whom seals your impression about that company for life. The manner in which Jessica reached out to me, fine-tuned the skills required for the role with tremendous clarity, and promptly followed up during each next step, not only reflects her top-quality work ethic but also shines a light on what an amazing work culture looks like. As a hiring manager, if Jessica brings you a candidate, be assured she has done her due diligence and has picked only an excellent fit. As a job applicant, dearly wish that every recruiter is like Jessica.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you improved Product Management process.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Process took about two months from application to hire, and involved multiple video and on-site interviews. Style is conversational, with many behavioral questions dealing with interpersonal conflict and past projects. Everyone I spoke with was encouraging and happy to answer questions about the company and culture. Have good questions ready.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a coworker and had to finish a project together.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Had first phone screening rounds where i was asked general behavioural questions, followed by a second round where i was asked more Product Manager specific questions. Overall was a very good experience

Interview Questions

• What is the project that you are most proud of ?   Answer Question
    • Design an AI based application in a store that would help customers check out clothes and try them on ?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Pros: process was relatively fast. Was not ghosted.
    Cons: Homework assignment debacle. General lack of enthusiasm across the board.

I applied and was contacted by a recruiter. We did a quick phone screen. Next was a call with the hiring manager (30 minutes). Everything's good. They're looking for someone wth the same technical experience I have.

Next is the onsite. For the onsite there's a homework assignment which involves logging into their portal. I ask for the login on Thursday.

"We can only give you the login one week out" the recruiter replies.

She gives me the login the next day, Friday and I'm at work on Friday (I have a job) and so I can't try until after work and... the link doesn't work! Amazing. So I go the whole weekend without being able to log into the portal. I get a good login on Monday. I'm at work on Monday (I have a job) so I can't do anything with that until after work. So, now, I'm four days behind schedule. I cram and get the homework done for the onsite.

At the onsite interviewers seem pretty bored, asking me standard behavioral questions. One interviewer sighs while he shows me the list of questions: look at all of these I'm supposed to ask you. What? Make something up if you don't like the questions. Let's roll. I try to put him at ease by saying: I've been in your shoes.

Interviewing is hard. Try being the interviewee.

The rest of the day goes on like this. One interview was diagram a system you've worked on. I diagram it. "What can I expand on for you?" I ask. "No, this is good" he says.

They never even asked me one question about the specific experience I had which was the whole reason I applied and why the hiring manager seemed interested. In hindsight I should have just led the interviews and steered every question back in that direction but... you know... it's their show.

Two weeks later I hear back..no offer.

Interview Questions

• "How about we go down to the train station and grab a $5 wrap for lunch"   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Cambridge, MA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The overall process was well managed. The interview started with a standard screening call, then a longer interview with the director product management, followed by an on-site meeting with a product presentation.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process took place in 4 stages. The first interview was with the HR recruiter, who was interested in understanding the salary expectations and location preferences. The next interview was a video round with the Hiring Manager. She was interested in knowing about my previous experiences. So, there were many 'tell me about a time' questions. The following round was again Online 1:1 interview with 5 members from the same team. The questions revolved around my previous experiences, and mini-cases. The last round was the onsite interview at the San Fransisco office. Here again, I had like 5-6 rounds of interview with various stakeholders. The interview format was similar to the last one!

Interview Questions

• If you are given a huge data set, How would you drive insights from the data? Tell me your approach   Answer Question
    • Based on what factors will you prioritize the project activities   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I had my initial recruiter screening, then a few different rounds of interviews. Throughout the entire process, the recruiters were very transparent and communicative with me regarding next steps. Truly a seamless process!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The Interview focused highly on personality fit as well as demonstrating the based skillset for the job. The first two rounds were one-on-one interviews to judge my understanding of the business model, values, and why Salesforce. The last one was a panel presentation of a product idea, in the mould of how an actual Product Manager would present. I feel this was a perfect format as it not only helped me demonstrate my skills, but also understand what my job would entail and how I feel about doing it for the long-run. The recruiters were responsive and considerate to my deadline restrictions.

Interview Questions

• Prepare and present a new Product idea to a Panel   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce in January 2019.

Interview

Referred internally. First stage was a recruiter screen, followed by three 30 min video interviews (2 with direct team members, 1 with a colleague from another domain), final round was a large final project / presentation on site

Interview Questions

• Video interviews all behavioral / cultural / high level execution - i.e. Why Salesforce, how do you deal with conflict / create alignment, project you’re proud of, etc..

Presentation was effectively a product proposal - what features would you build, how would you prioritize, write user stories, build a mock / prototype, roadmap etc...1hr presentation to various stakeholders (design, product, eng, etc).   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.