Salesforce Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Salesforce Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I reached out on social media to a current employee who posted a link saying they were hiring and was connected to an internal recruiter. I spoke with the recruiter several times and she could not have been any more helpful, just a complete pleasure to work with.

After her initial phone screen, she set up three remote interviews with the team: two developers and one of their product managers. Those seemed to go well so the team sent me a starter project to work on, an actual project they needed to get done. It was a bit of a challenge, but a good amount of fun.

I had to wait a few weeks after finishing the project and doing the final group interview--which was the only really challenging part of the process--due to a couple other candidates finishing their projects and presenting. Even given the long process, it was well worth it and I accepted the position when it was offered.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on that wasn't handled as well as it could've been. What would you have done differently?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen -> onsite -> offer.
    Process was smooth onsite experience was very positive, interviewers were very friendly. I remember last interviewer walking me out of the building all the way to the lobby and took my badge and showed me how to get to the station. I truly felt Ohana culture.

Interview Questions

• Few interviews basic computer science and data structures. More system design problems and leetcode medium / hard questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked me a bunch of questions and was pretty friendly. Asked me a behavioural questions followed by 4-5 technical questions. Main question she focused on was duplicates in a string

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The process started with a technical phone conversation with one of the managers. There was a 3-hour programming project in the second round. After that, I went for the onsite interview at Salesforce headquarter in San Francisco. The company has nice office and the interviewers were friendly and knowledgeable. There were 3 technical rounds and a lunch interview with the team's manager. Each technical round had two engineers. The questions were not difficult but had a broad coverage. They covered everything from front-end to back-end because it was a full-stack position. After the onsite, I got a callback to do another phone screen with the Principal Engineer. I got the offer by the end of that day.

Interview Questions

• Pure Javascript, CSS, QA, BFS, DFS, Sorting, Map-Reduce, Database, System Design, Tree problems   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in December 2018.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter on LinkedIn.

had an init conversation with the recruiter and then scheduled a couple of tech interviews with a few teams.

Recruiters are very helpful, friendly, and professional, trying to find the best match and fit.
    They always quickly respond to any inquiries and offer any help needed from your end.
    Overall, very great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Discussed projects, JS concepts, algorithms, culture fits.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2019.

Interview

It was a Google Video call with hiring manager for 30 minutes. Make sure you are visible from your waist and there is enough light. The interview setting process was very professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pick one project and talk it over with details. it was a very interactive discussion, The hiring manager was very professional and kind.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Call with the hiring manager to go over work history and culture fit, interviews with 2 engineers discussing my experience with specific tools and how I approach solving problems, then a 2-hour take-home quiz, then a pair-programming session with 2 more engineers that was a continuation of the take-home quiz.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you dislike about [specific technology I have experience in]?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online and about a week and a half later I was contacted by a recruiter about a similar but slightly different position than the one I originally applied for.

He scheduled an initial call with the recruiter for the same day. After that, had a 1:1 call with the hiring manager via phone about a week later.

Then was given a coding test problem and 3-4 hours to complete my solution via Coderpad.
    After that, I had a series of 3 video call interviews with members of the team I would be joining of various different roles and levels.

Received and official offer soon afterwards and began negotiating compensation from that point onwards and eventually accepeted.

Interview Questions

• 3-4 hour coding test via Coderpad for a problem that there was no obvious way to study for in advance, just to see general coding and problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Coding Challenge, then 2 phone interviews with Coderpad.
    Coding Challenge was medium difficulty, but given a lot of time to finish.
    Phone interview was leetcode easy/medium, but interviewer was difficult to understand.

Interview Questions

• Implement a class to track the number of site accesses in the last 5 minutes   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2019.

Interview

Initially I was screened for a different position, and I didn't get it but within a few weeks they reached out with another position that was better aligned with my skill set. I definitely felt like they wanted to find the right fit for me in the company, which was great. The recruiter was very fast responding to my questions and following up after each round.

Interview Questions

• Mix of behavioral and technical, reasonable questions. No big surprises.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.