Salesforce Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

1 interview w/recruiter, 1 technical interview w/engineer, 1 technical interview w/would be manager. Overall, fairly easy interview process. The conversation was natural, the technical interview was conversational and we discussed different types of solutions as well as run-time. We also worked on multiple solutions to the same problem given different assumptions.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, current work, and a few live programming questions (I had to write out the code in the language of my choice)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Leet code style take home, 4.5 hour loop with a manager, hr, 2 team members and a member of another team. Mix of technical and personal from most but hr.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by HR initially and then it took couple of weeks to wrap up all the interview process and I would say it was very quick also all the responses.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth, Recruiters and hiring team are very supportive and professional. Had 1 coding and 5 technical rounds . 3 hours duration coding round. In one to one round asked about my technical experience, Questions on tech stack, Gave couple of coding questions to solve .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The Interview process was pretty smooth overall. Met really nice people and had a great interview experience. The only downside was how long it took to go from the first step to the onsite which was about ~1.5 months but I guess that just comes with the size of such a large company.

The steps were as follows:
    1. Phone screen with the recruiter (~15 minutes)
    2. Phone screen with Hiring Manger (~ 1 hour) -> Personality fit/Behavioral + resume
    3. HackerRank Challenge (3 hours -> Algo question)
    4. Phone Screen with Engineer ( 1 hour -> Algo and databases)
    5. Onsite (6 Interviews: 2 Behavioral and 4 technical) -> Total 5.5 hours with a behavioral interview over lunch.

Offer within 1 week of Onsite.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

My friend refer me the position. Then, my recruiter, Clarice, quickly connect me. She is very friendly and really give me lot help during the process. What's more, all the interviews are very knowledgeable and nice. It is really a wonderful experience for me.

Interview Questions

• some coding question, design question. also past work experience, especially some tech detail of the project I have done.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The process goes with a quick chat with the recruiting coordinator, then a 45-60 minute phone screen with a technical person, then finally ~5hr onsite interview with members of the team.

Interview Questions

• questions about general Javascript know-how, algorithms, application composition, and application testing   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Great Interview Process. Had a technical coding challenge first. Proceeded to get selected to the round with the manager, and then had a technical panel interview with 2 principle engineers and manager of the team.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied for a new grad position. Very pleasant interview experience.

Started with 2 tech phone interviews, both on API designs and system designs. Require knowledge about basic concepts in distributed systems and cloud computing.

The onsite interview mainly focuses on culture fit, plus several easy coding questions. The interviewers are not expecting a coding machine but a nice co-worker and the whole process is like communication where you talk about yourself and your expectations for your future work environment.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? Why this team?   Answer Question
    • Describe your expectations about your future work team and your manager.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest failure during your university program or internship experience?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

This was the smoothest interview process I had ever been through. My recruiter was very nice and always available to answer any questions that I had. I had applied online and received an email on the same day that Salesforce was interested in moving forward with me. I first spoke with the recruiter in a 30 minute call and had a Hangouts interview scheduled with the hiring manager. After speaking with the hiring manager, the next stage was to solve one of the problems given to me on HackerRank, which was timed for 3 hours.

Once I finished the HackerRank problem, I got an email from the recruiter that the team was interested in having me on-site. The on-site round was scheduled and it was 2 rounds with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. It was very relaxing and I had a great time talking to the team. It felt more of a discussion and everyone was really nice. After interviewing with the team, I found out a week later that I got the offer!

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the questions due to the non-disclosure agreement, but I would recommend studying your data structures and algorithms and practicing easy to medium questions on LeetCode.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.