Salesforce Technical Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Technical Architect Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was with the Customer Success team of Mulesoft and almost every round is technical. There were 6 rounds in total.

1. Technical interview with Technical Architect
2. Technical interview with VP
3. Managerial interview with Sr. Director
4. Develop Application project
5. Present the project to the panel
6. Blend of questions with one or more VP's

I was referred by one of my ex-colleagues and I applied for the Technical Architect at their portal and I got a call from the HR explaining the interview process followed by scheduling the first round.

The team that I was interviewed for is very mature. They interviewed me with an intention of selecting me and not with an intention of rejecting me. The entire process was very clear and smooth. The team made me feel that I am already part of the Salesforce family just after my first round of interview. I cannot say that interview was easy or average or difficult as it depends on the background one comes from. Having technical skills is good (can be mastered by anybody with training) but the thought process is the key to crack the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2020.

Interview

This is one of the best interview process which I've ever came across. I've interviewed and selected at YouTube, Amazon, Adobe etc and Salesforce's helpful Human Resource folks were the biggest advantage to this. They were very motivating

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied through an employee reference. Interview process took about 4-5 weeks to complete which had multiple parts:
    - Technical Screening
    - Technical Round
    - Troubleshooting & API implementation Round
    - On site presentation on troubleshooting & implementation
    - Final round on Organizational skills, past experiences and understanding of new role

This was one of the best interview processes I have seen so far, very detailed, transparent and precisely designed to evaluate overall skillset of candidate for the given role. It was fantastic how Recruiting team managed all the logistics. Team walked through overall process and guided at every step with adequate information, and was prompt to respond to any questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Architectures, micro services, design patterns, old projects and best solution implemented. There were variety of questions to evaluate technical & organizational skills acumen.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2019.

Interview

Total interview process was thorough, but lengthy. Starting from HR call to accepting offer total about 2 months. Interview process included combination of technical and behavior questions. Final interview was presentation, and talk more about role. Recruiter I worked with was always keeping me informed about the next step in process. Overall, I had positive experience.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a bit of a roundabout interview process, starting with an informal meeting with a referring colleague for a different position. Generally though, the process seems to be - HR Screening call, then a round of video interviews with the hiring manager, with some technical questions. Then a final on-site technical interview. Normally, I would expect more on-site interviews, with some form of "super" day.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple of open-ended SQL questions involving different kinds of joins and nested selects. The question was designed just to gauge the candidate's familiarity with SQL syntax. There were also a number of logic questions, written out in excel. They change them regularly.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had 5 interviews, all were remote by phone or video.
    The first interview was to check my CV, current salary and to see if I fit in the position.
    The second interview was with a person who currently occupies the same position to which I was applying.
    The third interview was about consulting skills with a Solutions Architect.
    For the fourth interview they asked me to prepare a 30-minute presentation with an overview of a particular project in were I worked as a technical architect.
    The last interview was a telephone conversation with the VP.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain theoretically how a Single Sign On solution works.   Answer Question
    • They asked me to explain the advantages and disadvantages of IaaS, SaaS and PaaS.   Answer Question
    • They asked me how I would solve some hypothetical situations in a project.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was the best process I was a part of because everything was so transparent. Thanks to David for awesome support and guidance throughout the process. Process took time as expected.

Interview Questions

• All queries based on past experiance and new emerging technologies related to the Job Functions, for which I applied.   1 Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

There were 7 interviews and screenings total. All interviews were remote via phone or video except for the final interview, which was in-person at the San Francisco headquarters. The hardest part was cutting through the other candidates and getting the initial call back given the sheer number of candidates they hear from, but I was referred by another employee which made a big difference. All of the phone interviews were to analyze experience and culture fit from different roles and perspectives throughout the organization. They were each clear to make sure this role was a good fit for me, which I appreciated, as well as to understand my qualifications. There were no tricks or "guess how many ping pong balls fit in a car" types of questions. If you are well qualified for the role, have examples ready, be professional but also conversational and have questions ready to ask them. The final interview asked me to prepare a 45 minute panel presentation with case notes provided and not much else, so I'd recommend researching and practicing extensively. Great process all in all, everyone was nice and their due diligence was a great sign of their work ethic and standards.

Interview Questions

• Preparing for the panel interview. There wasn't just one question, but this was a process I had to make from scratch and practice extensively. Being resourceful to put the deck together, prepared and polished was important and took a lot of time.   2 Answers

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

A very helpful phone screen with recruiter, where he identified my skills and career goals and recommended the right role for me with Salesforce. Two phone interviews with Sr. Technical Architect and Engagement Manager. One panel interview with presentation.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me the next day. After a 20 minute conversation with her, I had a 30 minute call with the hiring manager (covering everything from my work experience to technical knowledge and personality/culture questions). They gave me a technical topic to cover in an online panel presentation (20 minute presentation, followed by questions about the presentation from the whole group). It ended up being an hour. I had a final call with the hiring manager a week or so later which was pretty quick. I got the offer later that day. The whole process took about 7 weeks. Everyone I spoke to was super passionate, knowledgeable, and inclusive. I felt welcomed by the team right away and I'm really looking forward to my first day.

Interview Questions

• How would you assemble the ideal team to build this product?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.