Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Schlumberger

2,296 Interview Reviews

2.9

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I applied online and met the company at the career fair. I had 2 engineers interview me, though only one asked me questions. It was a 30 minute interview filled with pretty standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with a team to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

One quick behavioral in-person interview, and then a super day. Flown out to on of their locations, did presentations that night, toured their facilities the next day. Overall a time intensive process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Met the recruiter at career fair and dropped off my resume. Received an invitation to interview in a couple of days. Standard 15 minute behavioral interview, very laid back and chill.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Attended two rounds of interviews for the Field Engineer position. The first round is a normal type of interview with generic questions.

If you pass the first round, you will get an email asking about an onsite interview. Before heading to the interview, you'll will be paired with other random applicants to research about one of SLB's segments (ie. D&M, Wireline, Cement, etc). Mine was in Midland, TX. They make you stay up late and do team building games where they observe you. They ask you to pick one of four colors and depending on the color you draw you have to do certain tasks in front of the other applicants. For example, act like an animal or sing a song. The next day, they'll bring you out to the field to see some of the operations. You will end with an exit interview. For me, it wasn't technical--more so to see if this could be the job for you.

Interview Questions

• The strangest one from the first interview was...
      How many one dollar bills could stack in one foot?

Something like that   Answer Question

Technology Ops Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I first met them at a college career fair. I applied for a position online beforehand and they like my resume. Then, they scheduled an online interview. We spent 10 minutes on behavioral questions, 10 minutes on technical questions and 10 minutes on any questions I had for the interviewer. There is only one interview and they got back to me in a couple weeks about their decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem that you did not know how to solve at first, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were given feedback from someone and how you improved because of it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Reached the interview stage after interacting with recruiter at a career fair. Interview was on-campus and lasted 30 minutes. Very straightforward questions about project work done so far and asked technical details about them. Rest were STAR based HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Why SLB? What do you expect from the internship? How are you going to prepare yourself for this role?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2020.

Interview

Interview starts out going over your resume. Then you have mostly behavioral questions with a couple technical questions at the end. They have one round of interviews and then a month waiting period before you hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you were tasked with and how did you complete it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

It was a very smooth interview process: Initial Phone call-Portfolio review-Another round of interview-Offer
    The team is pretty nice and HR is very professional
    Over interview took around 2 weeks that's all

REMS Engineer Interview

Interview

I got an interview through on-campus career fair. the interview was a mix of behavioural and technical questions. Then I got an onsite interview. there we had to do a presentation which was followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Questions

• About basic mechanical engineering, Strength of materials   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK (US)).

Interview

Interview set up through my university, simple HR questions. Invited to 2nd interview in OKC where we did group activities and visited a well site. Never received a yes or no after the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.