Schneider Truck Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Schneider Truck Driver Interview Questions

1.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schneider.

Interview

The interview process went very well. Simple and concise. Very friendly, the recruiters want you to get the job so they pretty much just walk you through it before hand to make sure you get it

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Easy interview. It will be a phone interview. No talking through Bluetooth. They asked if you have experience, CDL, accidents. They go though the job description, the salary, and the exception. Once the process is complete, the orientation is every Monday.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

No bogus promises made. The interviewer was straight forward. I kept asking for a dedicated route and she kept informing me that she didn't have any to offer. She was very professional at all times.

Interview Questions

• What type of position are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • What type of hone time do you prefer?   1 Answer
    • Are you open to slip seat   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schneider (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Its really easy all over the phone, depending on location do you actually get to speak to the recruiter. Some are up front about things and othera not much. But the process couldn't be easier.

Interview Questions

• Basically just ask you of convictions, criminal or driving.   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schneider (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Complete background check of employers, any accidents or incidents, DAC (HireRight) check and PSP. Drug test includes hair check.

Interview Questions

• Review of application and confirmation of it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Pay is comparable to job required.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider (West Palm Beach, FL (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I contacted Schneider to find out if I really had to spend
    $5-6,000 for a qwick school training to get a truck driving job!!

The answer was "nobody is going to hire you otherwise"
    Looking at the schools management, knowing that they
    want you to throw money at your problems, with great promises,
    I decided to find a very small company willing to help me
    pass my CDL tests in return for some honest driving

Does America have an Education problem?
    NO!! It has a hypocrisy problem!! Self-inflicted lethal wound.....

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to spend the money to get qualified by a Driving School?   1 Answer
    • When do you think you will be available?   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider (Fontana, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Hiring is complicated; you need a comprehensive list of all employers and places you have lived for the past ten years. My best recommendation is to go get a free credit report, and it usually lists that info on there. After you fill out the application, you will get called up by a recruiter to do an over the phone interview, and they will set up a work physical. This is pretty basic stuff, you need to be able to lift with your legs, move a small crate, safely get into and out of the back of a trailer while maintaining 3 points of contact, and be able to duckwalk under a trailer.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected QUESTIONS, really. In training they expected you to be able to do a 90 back, which was never so much as mentioned at the driving school I attended. But they taught it, and I was able to get the hang of it easily enough.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.