Scribendi Freelance Editor and Proofreader Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Scribendi Freelance Editor and Proofreader Interview Questions

Interviews at Scribendi

1 Interview Review

5.0

Freelance Editor and Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scribendi (Sydney) in May 2019.

Interview

Beware of the mock editing assignment they ask you to complete. This takes well over 8 hours, and not the 3 hours they claim. I note on glassdoor that English teachers with master's degrees in literature cannot pass the mock editing assignment. I am actually a professional editor and proofreader, and the response they provided me was the same - there were too many remaining errors in the documents. Apart from the technical document, I was completely confident that the work had been edited to a high standard, with no remaining errors. Regarding the technical document - you really need to have a thorough understanding of computer programming to edit this properly. I would personally never agree to edit such a document. Regardless, I did my best and researched all the unfamiliar terms in the editing process. Any editing/publishing company would have been thrilled with my efforts in this mock assignment. I transformed the writing to a high standard and left plenty of valuable feedback for the "authors". Frankly, if a professional editor cannot edit a document to an acceptable standard for these people, then I'm afraid no one can. Please don't waste your time. I wasted a day editing this document that I could have spent with my three-month-old daughter and I really regret it. I felt the need to write a review here to warn others to avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• Complete a mock editing assignment   1 Answer
  • Complete an online editing and proofreading test   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.