Shure Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Shure Interview Questions

Interviews at Shure

2.9

Senior DSP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shure.

Interview

I had an initial Phone Screen talking about my background and interests. The second round was a video interview where they asked me several questions about dsp, matlab and C++. The third round was a video screen where several questions about real time speech enhancement techniques were asked. I was under prepped for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a state of the art noise enhancement technique?
      How does Alexa work?   Answer Question

PCB Development Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shure (Niles, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I met the Director of PCB Development at my college's job/internship fair I applied for Shure through the company's website, and was contacted by a HR representative within two to three weeks by email. The interview process is stated on their website, but could go differently depending on the circumstances. I was set up for a online - video interview with the Director and the PCB Manager. The interview took approximately an hour, and was very detailed yet brief. After the interview I was contacted on four days later and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to do PCB Design.
      What Tech. Electives would I be taking for my final year of college.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shure.

Interview

I was contacted by HR
    I later had to fill out a pre-automated question video. It was pretty straight forward. I later was contacted for a follow up interview. For convenience, we did a video interview which I met with 4 different people members. One HR, 3 engineers in my department.

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shure in January 2020.

Interview

Pre-recorded Interview (2 parts): the first part is answering two questions in writing (where did you hear Shure or the position? when are you available to start working?) the second part is answering 6 questions with 2 attempts (30 sec to read the question and 2 mins to answer)

Interview Questions

• What interested you most about this internship and working for Shure, Inc.?   Answer Question
    • Please describe your relevant internship and/or project experience and how it has helped prepare you to be successful in this internship.   Answer Question
    • What skills and experiences do you hope to gain with this internship?   Answer Question
    • What is your current favorite marketing campaign and why?   Answer Question
    • What attributes are needed to have a good marketing campaign?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what is the most successful music platform and why?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shure (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

It was a fairly simple process, one interview with questions where you recorded yourself and answered prerecorded questions and then a follow up in person interview. It was very straight to the point and they were helpful the whole time

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Asked about digital marketing and the current effect   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shure (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Without explanation, the two (talent agent and project lead) that were supposed to interview me ended up not even making it to the video interview and instead sent an entry level underling to do the interview. I was told the interview would be a half hour, but 20 mins in, the interviewer began looking off camera distractingly and proceeded to tell me that the room was needed and would have to cut the interview short. Naturally, I assumed of course there would need to be a follow up interview. I emailed the talent agent and expressed that I was sorry we were unable to meet. I never received a response with an apology or explanation as to why they were unavailable. This is, in my mind, extremely unprofessional and a huge disappointment since, as a musician and CE major, I looked at interning at Shure (if given the opportunity) and the company in general with aspiration, excitement, and respect. I felt a since of loyalty to Shure but soon felt walked over by them after this experience and have lost any desire to work for them. Later, I received the generic denial email saying that although my skills were impressive they had went with someone else. I don’t dispute the fact that the other candidates may have been a better fit but at least give the applicants a fair shake and opportunity to present themselves. It appears I was wrong about Shure.

DSP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shure.

Interview

Contacted via a recruiter, then scheduled a quick phone screen and after that a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next step was to be taken on sight for an all day technical interview. Pretty standard for the industry.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about past and current projects from College and current job.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shure in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Interview process consisted of a recorded video interview. A couple questions were asked to be recorded during this time, and you were given a short amount of time before each "recording session" where the actual answers are given. Be sure you are ready or you may accidentally say things during the interview recording sessions like I did.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shure (Niles, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

It was pretty easy-going. I did a phone screen, 3 on-site 1:1 interviews in 3 different sessions/days. I talked with 2 recruiters, 3 developers, 1 manager and 1 director. Everyone was nice and the skill test was just asking question.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the software lifecycle at your most recent position? What did you enjoy the most? What would have you liked to change?   Answer Question
    • What is the largest web application you have ever worked on? - and what coding were you responsible for?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever experienced OOP go wrong? - and what elements of OO design are most prone to abuse and misuse? How may this be prevented?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shure.

Interview

A received a call from the hiring manager, he told me what they need and asked me what I can do to help them. He explained me what technologies they did use and if I was able to work with these technologies.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.