Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated 30 Aug 2015

2.9

Manager, Securitization Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Société Générale (Sydney).

Interview

Found the job through the internet. Applied for the job and was then called for a meeting with HR and a member of the team. Later had a meeting with the head of the team. I was called a few days later telling me that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for an amount $10k more that I was offered, a few days later I received an offer based on the amount that I requested.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

one on one with the hiring manager with a written test. After the first round you meet with the hiring manager's boss and then the CIO. If you get to this stage then all is pretty much set. The recruiter negotiated the salary.

Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

the first interview is phone. the second round is the on site. It is just very regular interviews, nothing is very special. the on site interview you have to talk with each team member and the hiring manager. The peers' opinions are important but the decision is made by the hiring manager.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loddiswell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Société Générale (Loddiswell, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two separate Interviews, one with Vice president, one with head ok UK client Services. Then I was taken to a room with the two VP's and asked to describe about my previous experiences and why I wanted to work as an Intern. The second interview was with the head of UK in Client Services, where this was a more challenging interview stage with more indepth questions. After the interview I was told to wait for a phone call. I was called on the same day to say I have the role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this industry. Do you take attention to detail   Answer Question

Trade Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, then spoke with HR over the phone 2 weeks later. I was then invited into the office to speak with upper management in a 1 on 1 interview the next week. They asked the following questions: What are corporate bonds? Why do finance firms issue bonds? Why are you interested in this position? Why are you interested in this company? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What is a derivative? List as many stock markets that you know. What do you enjoy the most/the least about each of your past 3 jobs? What brought you to NYC? What's your experience with SQL and Linux? I applied to this position on a whim, and I don't come from a computer science/tech background at all so I'm surprised I even got that far in the interview process. Upon realizing that my programming skills were average at best, they chose to move on with other candidates. They asked a few strange interview questions during the process as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Brief Interview over the phone. Basically asked on the Banking aspects like payments, cash management services, core banking, interest management, reports management. The questions were very basic pertaining to the Banking knowledge and team handling

Interview Questions

• 1. What are the different types of payments   1 Answer

Client Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2015.

Interview

meet the team manager and then the director of the whole department. They will then offer the position. The HR people are nice on communication perspective. just feel free and they are just asking behaviral questions.

Strcuturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in June 2015.

Interview

One-to-one interview, I had a lot of questions for everyone that interviewed me, so I had a period of 5-10 minutes after each interview that was devoted to me asking questions about the company and the work. All in all, it was a really fun experience for me. If you are a good fit for the position, I think you will find the questions they ask you fun and interesting to think about

Interview Questions

• - Greeks of a call option ? - Greeks with respect to time ?   Answer Question

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview, each about two - three weeks apart. Each round was 2 interviews in-person at their office. Some of the questions were behavioral, some were technical. Interviews were with NY and Paris team members. Negotiating process was with HR. Overall, pretty straight forward and not too difficult.

Assistant International Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (Paris (France)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a face-to-face with 2 interviewers involving the head and deputy head of the department. It focused a lot on the previous experiences and asked for relevant examples. Asked personal rules followed for success in previous roles. Gave a lot of information about the department and my role (if selected). Overall, impression was created to make feel that chances were great to be selected

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.