Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 20 Jun 2018

2.6

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter was a breeze. Just be honest & be yourself.
    Mostly the type of questions you would expect about yourself, your experiences & how you handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above & beyond for someone
      Tell about an emergency situation & how you handled it.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied in August 2016, didn’t hear anything again (besides a few emails regarding the company) until July 2017. Received a call asking if I was still interested, in which I replied yes! About 2wks later on a Wednesday got an email to fill out background and etc. Same day received call to set up phone interview. Phone interview was the very next Tuesday. Phone interview went great, I felt very comfortable and was just myself. Some of the questions asked were helpful coming from here. The next day I got the call I would be moving onto the next step which was to be flown to Dallas for the f2f interview. It took about 2wks from then to set up my flight and interview time. I had my f2f interview on Monday 10/16. There was 7 of us and we chatted with each other, eased our nerves. We all went into a room to be briefed about the company and etc. Once that was done we were called in individually to interview. My interview lasted about 30min, again I was myself!

We were told it would be up to 2wks to hear something..today (8 days later, but who was counting lol) I got the call and accepted the job offer!! YAY!!

Good luck!

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

So I applied Feb,2018 got an email few weeks later to fill in my 5 year history. Got a phone call a week later asking if I’m still interested..I said Absolutely!! Then we set up phone interview which was yesterday(5.2.18)@ 1300 with an awesome recruiter (Linda) Lots of yes or no questions, and a few situational questions(20min) Received a call today telling me they want to move me forward for a f2f in Dallas...Now just waiting and doing my homework about SW😬 below are my 4 situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had an emergency and what did you do? Doesn’t have to be work related.   3 Answers
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about SW cultures?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

The interview process went by quicker than expected! I was referred by a current employee. The recruiter was nice enough to phone me an hour prior to the opening of the position to make sure I apply. I applied on 2/8. The following week I received an email to continue with the phone interview. On 2/20 my recruiter called for the phone interview which consisted of a background of your past jobs. He asked why SWA and if I knew the duties of a CSA. At the end of the call, he invited me for a f2f interview for 3/2. Very comfortable atmosphere, asked the usual STAR questions. On 3/4 I received an email I was offered the position and moving on with the drug test and background check. Overall it was a very quick and satisfying experience. Make sure you do your research of the company, be prepared, smile and be confident and relatable.

Interview Questions

• Why southwest?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a team member?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict with a team member?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview process was relaxed, and the interviewers were friendly. It was one of the most comfortable flight attendant interviews I went on. I was at the location for about 3 hours.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

applied 2/2018....phone interview 3/2018 face to face May 2018... It was a fairly quick process compared to what I've read...the f2f was very fun...it definitely didn't feel like a interview it was more like a conversation.... Everyone was very welcoming and was really friendly...not a hard interview at all....

Interview Questions

• why South west? Name an above and beyond moment....what do you.know about south west?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

The entire experience for me was amazing!! I successfully made it past my phone and face to face interview. I applied for the position in 2016 or early 2017. I received a call in Nov. 2017 asking if still interested. A phone interview was set up for Feb. 2018. A couple days after phone interview I was invited to the face to face interview. My face to face interview took place in March. Nine potential candidates for this position including myself were being interviewed. We were sequestered into a meeting room and given information about the position and background about the company. You should go in knowing about the company so do your
    research. The atmosphere the flight attendants created in the room made me feel at ease. ( not so nervous) Afterwards back to the lobby we went. I met pilot candidates and of course other flight attendant candidates.

The interview itself was about 40 minutes. The interviewers made me feel at ease. They were great. I received a phone call a week later with a CJO. I was so grateful and humbled by the entire experience /offer. I'm excited to say the least. Research the company. Be yourself. Dress appropriately. ( this is a formal interview)

Legal Interview

Interview

I thought long and hard before writing this; but I think the HR Management at Southwest needs to know how the Recruiter assigned to the Legal Department is doing his job. I applied to Southwest earlier this year for three different Attorney positions. After several weeks, I got a call from the Recruiter wanting to set up a time to talk. The Recruiter failed to call me at our agreed upon time. I called/emailed back and he apologized and said that he forgot (Later, I found out that he did the exact same thing to a friend of mine who applied for a legal position last year). I continued on with the process because I had heard really good things about Southwest. We had the initial phone screen and he said that I was being considered for Job A (no mention of the other positions I had applied for) and said that he would be in touch with me the following week to let me know whether or not the hiring manager wanted to proceed. I never heard back from him. (Again, the same thing happened to my friend.) A month went by. Then, I got an email on a Monday stating that they wanted to fly me up to Dallas that Friday for an in person interview for the positions I applied for. Note that they did not give me any options for days and only two options for times (1:00 or 4:00). I asked which positions. They told me all three. Great! Gave me better odds, right? So, I scheduled the flights. The next day, I received an email saying I was no longer being considered for Job A (the one the Recruiter initially talked to me about). I emailed the HR Coordinator and she didn't know anything about it - said she would check with the Recruiter. Then, the next day I received an email stating that I was no longer being considered for Job B. Ok, fine. There was still one position left. Again, I emailed the Coordinator to see what was going on. She stated that she had asked the Recruiter to call me (which he never did). Additionally, I had asked for the job descriptions for the 3 positions (which were never sent). I never received any communication from the Recruiter after that initial phone screen. The process itself was unorganized - mainly due to the lack of communication from the Recruiter. The Coordinator on the other hand was very friendly and wanted to help. I ended up canceling the interview. I didn't want to take a day off of work with no pay (I'm a contractor) when I had no idea what position I was even interviewing for, what the job duties were for that position, and when the Recruiter couldn't even take the time to call me to straighten out the mess he created. I always heard that SW is a great company to work for. I guess that's true if you can get past the Recruiter assigned to your department.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

The interview process was about as any phone interview will go. Just be yourself. Just relax and you'll do amazing. Act like you're having a conversation with a former Professor.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Campus Recruiter -> phone interview -> flew for in-person, 2 manager, 1 recruiter interview. It was a very laid-back atmosphere, mostly want to know about you, why you want to join the company, and prior experience. Don't be afraid to say that you'll make mistakes, as long as you can learn from them and work in a team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.