St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

Very smooth and easy process. I enjoyed my experience during the interview. Only one interview. Really nice staff their that helped with my interview. I would recommend researching the company before the interview.

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

It took about 4 weeks to be interviewed. The first interview was done through a third party app where I answered basic behavioral questions and questions about my experience. The second interview I got to meet members of the team over an app called Webex (this was during the pandemic). During the second interview, they took the time to get to know me and my experiences, but did not ask your classic "interview" questions which was shocking. I felt at ease and had conversations with 5 people from different areas at St. Jude.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for St. Jude?   1 Answer

Web Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlett, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Bartlett, TN (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was a 40-minute phone interview with the supervisor and the second was a video interview (due to COVID-19) with two of the coworkers. The first interview went really well. The supervisor was very nice. The second interview was harder because there was no way to prepare for it. They asked behavioral questions and wanted me to answer in a certain format, telling a situation, task, and result for each one. None of the questions really had anything to do with my work history. Most of them were situational and it was hard to answer if I had not been in those certain situations. I didn’t think I had aced the second interview although I thought I did pretty well considering I couldn’t really prepare to be asked those types of questions. After the second interview, I waited about a month and a half before finally getting a response from the recruiter that I had not been selected. I would just say that it would have been nicer to have known sooner.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you spoke in front of a large crowd.   Answer Question
    • How would you convince someone outside of your department such as IT to do something for you?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Was an excellent and well organized interview process. Started with a phone interview and then a 3-day on site interview with many members of prospective departments including PIs, post-docs, staff scientists students, and technicians.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself after completing this post-doctoral fellowship?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online, months later got an invite to complete a video interview, months later got a call to schedule onsite interview and campus visit, few days to interview received a schedule for the interview day . St Jude covered the entire cost of travel to Memphis. HR and entire staff i met during the process were very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Why i want to work at St Jude and what attracted me to the position, questions on my background and work experience based on what i have on my CV.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

Interview

Had Skype interview and then they invited me on site. The entire trip was well organised. Had interviews/meetings with the PI and his collaborators within the Hospital. Also met with administration about benefits and immigration kind of things.

Interview Questions

• What is your research interest, and how does that fit into the research we do here?   Answer Question

9 Jul 2019

Thank you for your review! Glad your visit went smoothly!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. Formal environment.
    phone interview lasted for an hour. In-person is a whole day. Pretty much everyone in the team talked to me. They did not explain much about themselves., so you may not know if you are talking to a technical person or a non-technical person

Interview Questions

• Data structures, Object-oriented programming. Time management, process management   Answer Question

6 Aug 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience! That is great criticism; moving forward we will continue to remind those who schedule on-site interviews to include the names, titles, and posts of those who will be interviewing candidates.

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

the interview process was stressful, but very smooth. The HR department was very friendly and wanted to help me with the process. Also, a video interview was required in order to get selected. there were 9 questions, 20 seconds to prepare for the question and 3 minutes to answer. They gave 2 shots to answer, but you could not review the second choice. If you did not like the first choice, then the second was the one you sent, without review.

Field Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in March 2019.

Interview

I applied through my university careers page, then about 1 month later I got an email to schedule a call. 3 weeks later I had a second call, and the next week I was rejected. A week later, I was offered the original internship position because the first choice had said no.

Interview Questions

• Marketing experience, event planning, how do you stay organized, group dynamics, etc   Answer Question

6 Aug 2019

Thank you for your review, but it might be that you applied for an internship with an affiliated organization. St. Jude does not offer field development positions, but our fundraising and awareness arm, which operates as a separate company, does.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview will take 2 days. For the first day, 1-hour presentation, you will meet all of the staffs from the department, and a one-on-one interview with 5 faculties.
    The second day, you will see the other 5 staffs from diverse departments.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my career goals, my research items, and about my previous careers.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.