St. Jude Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

St. Jude Medical Interview Questions

Interviews at St. Jude Medical

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Sylmar, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HM followed by all day on site interview and a team presentation on topic of interest. The interview experience was good and the team was really nice and patient.

LMS Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

You will meet with four different members of the team. The initial meeting will be your direct supervisor. Then the next three also work with or on your team.

Interview Questions

• What type of management do you prefer?
      How are you with working remotely?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical in March 2016.

Interview

They had a typical phone screen to begin with. Just regular what is your notice, what do you know about the job, salary expectations, and the like. They then have technical interview where they start out with a basic problem then and wrinkles to the problem. They then ask more general questions like definitions.

Interview Questions

• What is galvanizing and when could it be used to help improve a product?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Plymouth, MN (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was mostly smooth. It started with a phone interview followed by an invitation for an onsite interview . The onsite interview was 2 hours long with three different people. The first two were senior engineers and the third was a senior manager. They were all very nice and easy to talk to. Overall I felt that the interview went well. Following the interview it took about three weeks before I heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What are you greatest weaknesses and strengths?
      Why St Judes Medical?
      Name a time when you disagreed with your manager.   Answer Question

Conract Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiters at my university career expo. I gave them my resume and exchanged emails with them. They called me for a 15-min screening interview about 2-3 weeks after the career fair. Super-interview (3 interviews back to back) scheduled the next week at their Austin office. Every question I had was behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a project without a specific goal and how you conquered it?   Answer Question

External Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Through my staffing agency I was brought to meet the manager of the lab before a formal interview took place. This was the first stage, and my chance to ask questions about the job and to give the manager more information about me. He asked me general questions about my resume and answered my questions. Work is very team based, so the manager was focused on vetting my personality first to see if I'd be a good fit.

Next I met the manager again at the lab, and sat down to a pretty informal panel interview of 3 other scientists. They asked me questions about my resume and what I liked to do on weekends and what other kind of work experience I had. I could tell they wanted more details of the kind of work I could do and what I was capable of. I answered everything honestly with as much detail as I could, and was very friendly and amicable. I also was able to ask them questions too about themselves and their work experience. They also were focused on vetting my personality because I would be working directly with them and they need a team player.

Afterwards I got a tour of the lab and got to meet some other people working there. Overall it was one of the easiest and calmest interview experiences I've ever had.

I got an offer soon after. I had to pass a criminal background check and a urine drug test set by my staffing company before I was allowed to start work.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you want to work in?/Do you do better working alone or with others?   1 Answer
    • What was a time where you and a partner didn't get along, and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Hiring process was breezy. Filled out an online application, recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Had a phone interview with hiring manager and was called next day for on-site interview scheduling. Had on-site interview a week later and was hired the following day. Interview was standard panel with some tough questions, but nothing to difficult if you prepare properly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about your clinical background and why you believe you would be a good fit for St. Jude Medical.   Answer Question

Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Sylmar, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

My interview with St Jude Medical was the worst interview I have ever had! I would never work for such a mismanaged company. It all started at the unmanned main lobby, I had to track down a security guard for assistance since the recruiter never showed up then track down the four people for my interview.

The first one finally showed up 20 minutes late, she was rude with no personality, short with me then left abruptly! All the employees I met really hate being there even on a Friday afternoon, all the glassdoor.com negative reviews prove it with some of the worst reviews.

Finally the last interviewer I had was real arrogant guy barely understandable with an attitude asking only situation type questions playing “Where’s Waldo“ type games. He was real awkward and hesitant to work with someone with my experience fearing I will stand up to him.

He told me at the end, the position needs to be filled now, I said no thanks. It's no wonder they keep re-posting for the same position, (something to consider).

Field Clinical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (College Station, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I'm am a 4th year biomedical engineering student and they came to our campus to recruit for their cardiovascular field intern position. They talked to you at the meeting then grabbed your resume. If you got picked, you'd get an interview the next day or so.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very straight forward. She went through your entire resume and asked how you ended up there (for example, why did you choose BMEN at Texas A&M University... I see you played golf for 10 years, tell me about that... etc) She also asked about any OR experience you've had.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was mainly composed of behavioral questions and specific situations. Not very many technical questions involved. I first completed a phone interview which went very well and then a Skype interview with the hiring manager. Technical difficulties made conversation a bit complicated but overall it was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to take a leadership position.   Answer Question