Sterling Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Sterling

2.5

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Worst experience to date. Went through 3, yes 3 different HR reps during the 3 week long screening and interview process as one by one after each communication they left the company. Needless to say, I never heard anything back even after following up with the direct manager I interviewed with. Bad first impression. I wouldn't accept an offer if I was presented with one.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a recent challenge you had and how you got through it.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sterling in September 2019.

Interview

The HR set up a appointment with me via email, you have to click a link to choose the time frame/date. And I did a 30 minutes phone interview. I talked to the HR based in NY, I really enjoy the conversation, it was casual, more for her to understand my background, she think I was a good fit for the position and will pass my CV to hiring manager, but I didn't hear back from her.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Asked to come in on the short notice. During the interview, I was told the head of the dept had it open for 2 years and she hoped he could make a decision soon. Took an archaic IQ test from the 1920s. Then nothing for a week, no response to my email so I called, I was told they found an internal candidate but I was still the #1 choice?! Senior people bragged about being there for 20 yrs, not a good thing as that means you've learned no new skills. Office cubicle pit was depressingly quiet and no one even looked up. Wish I'd read the reviews, I wouldn't have bothered.

Interview Questions

Sterling Response

11 Sep 2019 – People Operations Analyst

We apologize that you had a negative experience interviewing at Sterling. We take pride in the fact that our senior leaders have been dedicated to the company for so many years and believe in its growth and prosperity. We encourage all employees to learn new skills every day and give out awards each quarter providing a grant to employees to continue their education in any way they choose. Our employees believe we have a great work environment and enjoy the work/life balance. - People and Culture Team

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterling (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Interviewed twice, provided writing samples, got what sounded like a firm timeline, and then they ghosted me. Really shocking behavior from a company that so many others trust to handle the conversion of candidate to new-hire.

Interview Questions

Sterling Response

4 Sep 2019 – People Operations Analyst

Sterling tries diligently to get back to every candidate as quickly as possible. We are sorry you had a negative experience and work hard to make sure every interview goes seamlessly. -People and Culture Team

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sterling (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was reached out to by a new recruiter who started managing the Bay Area recruiting efforts on Linkedin. He was super nice and seemed very interested. We had three phone interviews that went well. He talked about the new office and salary information. He let me know he would be in touch in the next week. I really felt that the recruiter wanted me to interview in the office which is what made this experience odd.

A week went by and 2, 3. I reached out twice and only received one email that he would be in touch. I felt very ghosted by this recruiter. It was a bad candidate experience. A generic email would have been fine but I did not hear anything.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your day when you have a lot coming at you.   Answer Question

24 Jun 2019 – Senior Recruiter

I sincerely apologize for your negative experience.

We have been having major issues with our ATS and this was a slip-up on both my side and the systems.

Chief of Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was quick and to the point. After a phone screen I had skype call with the hiring manager. It was very cordial and professional. They asked clear, insightful questions and gave me chance to ask.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Sterling through LinkedIn. I appeared for a technical phone screening for a full time position. The interview lasted about an hour. I was asked to introduce myself, after which the interviewer described the position and what his team does.

Interview Questions

• Mention one technical decision that you made which you regretted later.   Answer Question
    • Tell me something that you were proud of working on.   Answer Question
    • Implement a function that removes a node with value x from doubly linked list.   1 Answer

4 Sep 2019 – People Operations Analyst

Sterling is glad you had a positive experience during your interview process! -People and Culture Team

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Behavioral phone call followed by technical phone call. Recruiter said everything was going well but then they ghosted me. Let me know way later that they moved on with someone else.

Interview Questions

Sterling Response

4 Sep 2019 – People Operations Analyst

We are sorry you had a negative experience during your interview process. We do our best to get back to every candidate in a timely fashion and hold our recruiters to such standards. -People and Culture Team

Chief of Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterling in February 2019.

Interview

Submitted my resume and received an email the next day asking if I would be interested in a screening interview. Recruiter sent me a link where I could schedule a half hour conversation. We discussed the position, my background, the principle and next steps. We kept in touch about once a week as the company reviewed other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of your experience and background.   1 Answer
    • When would you be able to start if an offer were given   1 Answer
    • What is your salary requirements   1 Answer

National Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

First you will interview with HR/Recruiting. Then i did phone interview with the hiring manager. Afterwards i met with the manager in person as well as some of the other leadership. Overall it was a pretty seamless process adn didnt take more than 3 weeks for my offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you couldn't get to a decision maker but finally did.   Answer Question

4 Sep 2019 – People Operations Analyst

Thank you for your review! We are happy you found the process to be seamless. -People and Culture Team

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.