Stryker Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Stryker

1,524 Interview Reviews

3.3

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an easy and straightforward first round interview held on campus. This was followed by an external Gallup poll which was not as “easy”. Seemed to be looking for a very specific personality type and you either match that or you don’t.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you once faced and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Got called for first round interview after my school's career fair; was never contacted for a second round. They gave me a phone call to notify me of the interview, and the interview was the following day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult course you've taken? Then they followed up and asked you to explain a fundamental aspect of the course. Example: If you responded Semiconductor Physics, they then asked you to explain the Schrodinger Equation   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)).

Interview

It was a very long interview process for an internship experience. They started almost two months after my initial Career showcase interaction. Next was a behavioral interview through secondary company that was about an hour long. After that, I qualified for a phone interview, which was mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would calculate how many pizzerias are in NYC.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online with a referral. A recruiter reached out via email to set up an initial phone screening. On that call she told me she would move me forward to the Gallup interview. That phone interview was the most difficult as the questions were rapid fire and you could not elaborate on your answers. A few days later my recruiter congratulated me on passing and invited me to interview on site. Fairly casual on site interview with 5 different teams

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to stand up for something you believe in   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews included Gallup. Started with a phone call with the recruiter then the hiring manager, a Gallup test, an Onsite interview and presentation, and eventually HR. Very friendly and casual process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self and why you are interested in joining this company?   1 Answer

Engineering Internship Interview

Interview

Had multiple rounds of interviews. An initial survey, then behavioral interview. After that round there was another behavioral interview with an outside company. Did not make it past this round, but afterwards there would be an additional on site interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you are an expert in? How did you gain this expertise?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stryker (Newark, NJ (US)).

Interview

Long interview process with multiple steps in order to see if you will fit in with their work environment. Starts off with a phone interview (or an on campus interview if you go to a career fair at a school they attend), then moves to a personality phone interview with a 3rd party company to see if you fit into their work environment, lastly an in person interview with multiple team managers. Very thorough interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength and your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Interview

Phone and video interviews. Pretty standard process except didn't meet in person due to Covid. After the last video interview was offered the position the same day within a few hours later.

Advanced Operations Engineer Interview

Interview

10 minute Phone Screen, followed by behavioral interview by Gallup, then 6 hour interview day with about 6 personality interviews and a technical interview. There were 45 applicants for the program and each location only has 2 spots.

Trauma Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT EXPRESS ANY INTEREST IN OTHER DIVISIONS IF YOU WANT TO WORK IN THE TRAUMA DIVISION. Any hesitation and you're CUT. I made it all the way up to the informational interviews and was then told that they chose to go a different direction. Asked for feedback but of course, didn't receive any. The first interview consisted of a phone screening by one of the recruiters, I applied online and was reached out to pretty quickly via email. The interviewer was amazing and very comfortable to speak with. I was then moved on to an interview with 2 Trauma Sales Managers where they asked me some pretty tough questions, they both basically told me to run the other way. I wasn't sure if I woo'ed them enough to move onto the next round but the next day, I received an email saying they wanted to move me to the next round which were informational interviews. At this point, I was gung ho about Trauma and wasn't interested in other divisions but I was definitely very skeptical. I was partnered with 2 Trauma Reps, again, I was told to run the other way. One of the reps I spoke to told me that cold calling is pretty intense with surgeons so be prepared to walk up to someone randomly and strike up a conversation that just gets your name out there. You're also 100% commission, there is no base salary so considering the hours you work, you should actually be paid more than $150k/year lol. The last rep I spoke to told me to speak to someone in the Joints division to see if I was more interested in that division because she did that when she had first interviewed. I emailed the 2 Trauma Sales Managers and asked if I was able to speak to someone in joints because I wanted to make a confident decision about Trauma and the next day I was sent the email that they chose to move in another direction.

Tip: Make sure your answers are clear and concise, don't be long winded because they WILL interrupt you and go into the next question.

Interview Questions

• Sales Managers Interview: You've shown a lot of success in your current industry and it seems like you're progressing very quickly... so... why us? Why are you choosing to completely switch your career path?   Answer Question
    • Informational Interview: What sets you apart from your competitors?   Answer Question
    • Informational Interview: What do you currently do for work?   Answer Question
    • A lot of "can you tell me about a time when" questions in the sales manager interview.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.