Sunglass Hut Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

1 Interview Review

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunglass Hut (Sydney) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online through their careers website. Received a call only 3 days later, asking to attend a group interview the next day.

It was a large group interview with 40-50 people. They were looking for people who stood out and had a natural presence. The interview involved a partner introduction, a presentation about the company, a group activity, and then a one on one interview.

In the introduction, they are really looking for someone who can introduce their partner and "sell them" to the rest of the room. In the group activity, you are required to make a 1-2 minute skit promoting a chosen brand. My advice to anyone going to the interview is to really go for gold, speak loudly and clearly, and also enjoy yourself. They only give 10 minutes for the groups to come up with the skit, so it will be imperfect, but if you can, try to add humour to it because the performances that left the best impressions were the ones which had some relatable humour in them.

The whole interview was supposed to take 2 hours, but took over 3. When it came to the interview, my interviewer asked typical interview questions but also asked about what luxury items I owned. Quite an easy interview, but upon reflection, I don't think I will be offered a position. The interviewer seemed bored from the beginning of our interview and looked around the room a lot during our conversation. From his responses, he also seemed to misinterpret my answers.

Overall, I did not have a positive experience. The hosts were unprofessional with an obvious "we only care if it makes money" attitude.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.