Sydney Tools Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Sydney Tools Interview Questions

Interviews at Sydney Tools

2.3

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sydney Tools.

Interview

called recruitment agency for another role, they did a bait and switch and pushed this role on to me.If I had known what they were like ( should read Glassdoor before hand) I would not have gone any further.

Interview Questions

• don't remember - but it's not hard as they are desperate to fill these roles due to staff turnover   Answer Question

Purchasing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roselands

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Tools (Roselands) in May 2019.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes early to find a bunch of other candidates waiting. Was asked to fill in a form with basic information which seemed odd as they already had everything they needed from the resume provided when applying for the position. On the form they also asked for expected salary which is always a odd thing to ask up front before having a detailed discussion on what the role would involve.

The interviews were running over an hour late, which is just totally unacceptable, particularly for an interview at 11am. Seriously how can you get that far off track that early in the day. At this point I kind of got a feeling that they invited everyone who applied to come in for an interview without pre-screening.

The interview itself was unimpressive. They gave me a scenario asking how I would investigate missing inventory. Very hard to answer without knowing what processes they run and where such issues might turn up, but from the whole chat I got a feeling they have an issue with shrinkage. Near the end of the interview they also advised they ran a 45 hour week instead of the standard 37.5 and claimed that they could do this as they operated under the retail award. At that point it became clear why they asked for your expected salary before the interview, so they could try and get you for that amount but have you work longer hours.

Overall, I found everything unprofessional and walked out of the interview with my mind already made up that I would not be accepting any offers if they came through. In the end they did not make and offer, and were decent enough to email me advising that my application would not be progressing.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roselands

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sydney Tools (Roselands) in December 2018.

Interview

standard two interviews nothing interesting, the interviewers didn't seem that they understood the roles themselves and felt like robots. Did not feel professional whatsoever and wouldn't recommend applying. The second interview is with director who takes his time even if you arrive on time for the interview

Dispatch Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sydney Tools (Preston) in December 2018.

Interview

It was very rushed and I professional it was very uniformative and the applicants were interviewsed on the shop floor in front of customers which was very uncomfortable for me as a prospective employee

Interview Questions

• How much experience that I had   1 Answer

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sydney Tools (Sydney) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was quite quick and over a few days. I thought it was good change from companies that take weeks and weeks to get back to you. The recruitment team was quite efficient in the processes.

Interview Questions

• What my experience was in recruitment?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sydney Tools (Sydney) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was two steps, I had a phone interview with a member of management and another interview with the Director of the company. The phone interview went for 15-20 mins while the face to face interview went for 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been in recruitment and HR for ?
      What recruitment strategies have I put in place to ensure labour needs of the business are being met?
      Do I have experience terminating someone's employment ?
      Do I have experience with volume recruitment ?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roselands

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Tools (Roselands) in September 2017.

Interview

Arrived early walked up the stairs to reception and was told to wait for the HR lady. She came out and told me to sit down in the reception area and commenced the interview. After 10 minutes she finished the interview and said she would be in touch.

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sydney Tools (Sydney) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a very short phone call where I was asked to come for a face to face interview.
    I found the entire experience rather unpleasant. Had to wait for 2 hrs to be interviewed - the hiring manager was apparently busy and I kept being told to wait for yet another 15mins by the PA. When the manager did come to get me, he stopping to talk business with subordinates whilst I waited for them to finish.
    The role was quite different (junior) from the description in the advert. I was told the salary budget is much lower than what I asked, even though it was in the lower end of the range that they had put up on the advert.
    The whole interview lasted less than 10mins. The interviewer skimmed through my CV only then. He said he was concerned about my lack of experience in this type of industry. Well, that was pretty obvious from my CV & during the phone interview, why call me for an interview then?

Finance Interview

Interview

A 5 minute interview that was unprofessional. No eye contact, no introduction, I thought it was a group interview as there were others waiting at the same time. And seems everyone was only in there for few mins each as well.

I had to accept the offer as I needed work. I didn't stay long. Very disrespectful, arrogant, rude, absolutely no eye contact or even spoke to me (unless I had done something wrong, and then I was sworn at like I was a nobody).
    Very basic wage for working 9 hr day with only half hr lunch, and it was not to be a minute more. If I ever got out of my chair I was eye balled till I sat down again. Im not joking when I say don't work here.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Tools (Sydney) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then received an email from the company ( i guess she is an HR personel, there was no title in her email signature, but she is the one did the first round interview too). Face to face interview in their head office.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.