Symantec Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Symantec Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated 3 Aug 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

After a technical round consisting of English, Maths, Aptitude, SQL and Programming, I got a call for face-2-face interviews on the next day.

On reaching for interviews, we had to rate ourselves according to technologies.
I rated myself equally in C and Java.

The interviewer gave me the freedom to write and explain programs in any technologies. I chose java. Later I came to know that the interviewer was looking for C candidates. If they had specified this previously, I could have given answers in C.

Overall a good experience. Management by HR was very bad. Made to wait too long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Software Developer Interview

Interview

1.Written Test(mainly of aptitude)
    2.Technical interview(3 rounds)
    3.HR interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

These ppl had 3 tech n 1 HR round.. Written was difficult with negative markings. So better attend only those ques yu are very sure . Technical rounds concentrated mainly on OS,DBMS n cryptography. Ppl were friendly. Finally they gave norton anti virus to the selecte candidates...

Interview Questions

• Significance of number 4 in silberschatz OS book..??!! ratio of physical to secondary memory is 1:4 it seems   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview

First phone interview was with project manager who asked around 10-12 objective type questions covering topic like OOPS, Software Engineering, Operating system etc.Second round was 3 hr virtual interview with the entire team consisting of three people using internet.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Symantec came to our college for placement through pool campus in which we had to compete with another 3 colleges from our University. The recruitment process consisted of a presentation, followed by a written test. The candidates shortlisted for interview were called the next day at the Symantec Campus at Banner. The written was highly technical consisting of questions from Operating Systems, Databases, Computer Networks, Graph Theory, Permutations & Combination, Logical Puzzles, etc. So review the basics of all these subject before appearing for the test. The company personnel conducting the interview were very open and cool. The next day there were 2 technical interviews followed by an HR/Personality interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.